Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maine owners, do you have to get service in Dedham or can you get a ranger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious about how current owners get service work done? Will rangers travel to Maine for simple things (door handles, trim repair etc)? Obviously larger work would require a garage but I don't want to drive to Dedham for every little issue. Thanks!

The ranger that's come to my house 2-3 times used to cover northern NY east to ME, but he said they've hired someone to take over ME as the customer load has increased. He has done:
  • Repaired 3 different door handles.
  • Re-aligned a binding door handle that would not retract properly.
  • Replaced a burned out door puddle LED.
  • Replaced a failing charge port LED ring.
  • Replaced both trail lights (contained standing water).
He told me rangers can do pretty much everything that doesn't require a lift, except for brake fluid and coolant changes (EPA regulations?). Watertown told me they like to handle complex problem diagnosis at the service centers.

Last edited:
Just curious about how current owners get service work done? Will rangers travel to Maine for simple things (door handles, trim repair etc)? Obviously larger work would require a garage but I don't want to drive to Dedham for every little issue. Thanks!
My understanding is unless your car needs to be on a lift, they'll schedule a mobile service call.

• Informative
Reactions: hcdavis3
They do come to Maine, but when I inquired earlier this year for a minor issue, there was a wait of over a month. The SC was available in less than two weeks, so that was our best option. This all assumes that the car is still derivable. Shortly after delivery last October, my car wouldn't charge and I didn't have enough charge on-board to make it to the SC. Tesla dispatched a flatbed that day to pick up the car, they rented me a car from the local Enterprise rental agency and returned my Tesla via flatbed a few days later--fixed, washed, vacuumed and with a new charge port, a new component for the on-board charger and complementary re-torqued lug nuts. (What lug nuts had to do with the charging circuitry escapes me, but at least I know my wheels won't come off). If my experience is any indication, you will be taken care of one way or another.

No problem getting mobile service since they expanded the program but I have had a bit of trouble with miscommunication/no communication between the schedulers, stockers, and tech. I hear they are moving to an in-house system to improve on that (may have already happened since last visit). The app has improved but it is still odd to chose a date at the service center only to get the inevitable call to schedule the mobile tech. I have had work done in the workplace parking lot in Bangor but otherwise my garage. They need a 50F space in Winter.