Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maine Scenic Drive convoy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a small road sign marking the start of 113 the Pequawket trail, the meeting place is a bit north of 25.

113 and 5 run together until Fryeburg.

At Fryebug followed 5 instead of 113 and took the scenic Fish Road back to 113.

113 enters White Mountains National Park and gets narrow

Small road.png

There is a nice photo spot with a view of Evans Notch.

Small view.png

Car lost connectivity north half of park road.

Across from the Bethel Supercharger there is a sandwich shop with wine and beverages. Today there was a barbecue truck, (TX , NC). Mind the crossing.

The road is mostly good, some recently paved. Speeds can be 50 in a 45 most of the way. 35/35 in the Park.

I will set up a Glympse share using MaineConvoy as the tag and start sharing while I’m charging in Portland in the hour before the meetup starts at 10:30 at the Outpost Public House-Official parking lot. I believe we can message through the app and can share phone number here by DM or in person at the start.

Great weather forecast!
Great idea setting up the Glympse tag. I created an illustration of the route you described in A Better Routeplanner assuming a start at the Portland supercharger. Should be a beautiful drive.

Reactions: Gwgan
Just need to ask the xyl tomorrow, don't see why I can't. Jabnlab, did you climb Mt. Washington? I've done it about 30 times from 64 Corvair turbo, to some who wanted me to test their cars. Also was a broadcast engineer, so visited the WMTW transmitter which supplied power and oil, sewage to the restaurant in the past.

Ham radio operator, may see if in repeater reach if phones go out and we have the so frequent Tesla fires.

More a native from NH, not Maine. Too late to move back.

may 2017 Model S with MCU1 problems. Might be an interesting ride.
Coming from Scarborough.

Live next to Bayley's seafood anyone want a takeout? Lobster fisherman down the road, think it is $4.99 a pound or whatever. Have cooler will travel.

Last edited:
Jabnlab, did you climb Mt. Washington? I've done it about 30 times from 64 Corvair turbo, to some who wanted me to test their cars. Also was a broadcast engineer, so visited the WMTW transmitter which supplied power and oil, sewage to the restaurant in the past.

Yes, we took our Y up Mt Washington our 1st week of owning it, lol. It did great, never had to touch the brakes on the way down. I try to take every car I own up there atleast once, and the Y was my 1st full ev. My last 2 cars were chevy volts, a 2012 and 2018 and they were decent but I still had to do some braking.

Reactions: JWardell
Glad folks could see a road less travelled. Butts in seats is harder to organize this year but I hope a visible phalanx of Teslas will have some impact.
Favorite quote: from 11 y/o boy hopping down out of a ford pickup truck “Mom, look at all the Teslas” while our five joined the one already charging to fill the six-stall Bethel Supercharger site.
IMG_0337.png
IMG_0334.png
IMG_0336.png

Attachments

• IMG_0336.png
    IMG_0336.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 37
Cell service was poor to none so Glympse was not helpful otherwise we might have waited.
bummer.

I mentioned to my wife if anyone had an x and my s could have spelled out sexy for pics. I had my DSLR ready to go,, and display to you guys if my Glare polish job was OK. The polishing got me I think. Major charlie horses in legs.

Will gladly run that route in leaf peeper season with others, just give a "surfs up" as in my astronomy club. Borrow my camera for your own pix with your own copyright crap or creative commons, public domain for your own use. Weekend or midweek .

Itching to go.

We were running late and missed meeting anyone, but it was a nice ride all the same and we will hopefully meet everyone on the next :)
We ran late too, arriving for the 10:30am meetup at 10:44am, sadly missing out as well. I suppose I shouldn't have stopped for a few minutes before arriving to set up my GoPro, my bad. Anyhow, we had a wonderful day in our Model 3 heading over to Portland, and we had been up Mount Washington the day before anyway, something I've wanted to do my whole life. It was wonderful, and the weather was great! 4K timelapse from roof-mounted camera came out great as well.

Hope to have another chance at (safely) meeting other New Englanders soon...

Last edited: