TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Maintenance fuse to store the vehicle?

Discussion in 'Roadster: Technical' started by marco2228, Sep 4, 2013.

1. marco2228

marco2228 Roadster Signature #34

Could anyone please take a picture, where exactly the main maintenance fuse at the Roadster is to disconnect the batterie pack from the system?
    It's somewhere left from the ESS, correct? I didn't find a picture of it anywhere.

Thanks,
    Marco

2. hcsharp

hcsharp Active Member

#2 hcsharp, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
    On the left side in front of the rear wheel (for a 2.5). But I would only pull it for maintenance, not for storage. Unless you are shipping it overseas.

3. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

On the 1.5 you really need to remove the right rear tire and liner, so like HCSharp I would not do it unless you are shipping. Normally just leave it plugged in with storage mode.

4. marco2228

Hit.. it's for shipping the car overseas and it's a 1.5 Roadster.
    Is it the orange thing in the picture?
    switch.jpeg

Is this just some kind of a switch or is it an actual fuse, which you can pull out and take with you?

Thank you,
    Marco

5. qwk

qwk Model S P2681

6. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

I believe it is a plug you pull out to ensure there is no way electricity can flow. Not sure if it is a simple plug or a release lever as in the Prius. The picture above shows it well and the Ranger pulled in out in just a second or two by hand so it is not that difficult.

7. marco2228

Thanks for your answers. Very helpful:)