Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maintenance Intervals and Service Plans

Sparktz

S 90D, X 90D
Oct 14, 2015
United States
Those who tend to drive more than 12,500 miles per year, did you go ahead and get the prepaid service plan, or do you just take the car in once a year instead of every 12,500 miles (or some other interval).

I tend to drive around 18,000-20,000 miles per year, so I am wondering if taking the car in for service every 12,500 miles is really necessary. Even using the prepaid plans, the annual maintenance cost starts to add up pretty quickly.

liuping

Jul 23, 2013
San Diego
Those who tend to drive more than 12,500 miles per year, did you go ahead and get the prepaid service plan, or do you just take the car in once a year instead of every 12,500 miles (or some other interval).

I tend to drive around 18,000-20,000 miles per year, so I am wondering if taking the car in for service every 12,500 miles is really necessary. Even using the prepaid plans, the annual maintenance cost starts to add up pretty quickly.

You can buy the prepaid service plan and still just take it in once a year at 20000 miles.

The working in the plan is old.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC