TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Maintenance Plan

Discussion in 'Model S' started by ABVA, Apr 3, 2017.

1. ABVA

ABVA Member

Just a quick question. Why is the current four year Maintenance Plan more expensive than three year Maintenance Plan on per year basis? Three year plan is costing $1625 ($541.66 per year) vs. Four year plan costs $2400 ($600 per year). Seems abnormal.

2. DOCAL

DOCAL Member

Look at the items included each year, and the price per year if you pay individually.

The 4th year is the most expensive service, and includes a replacement of the battery coolant.

Maintenance Plans

• Informative x 1
  3. brkaus

brkaus Active Member

Interesting that year 1 & 3 have the same individual cost listed, but more service in year 1.

Edit - only same for rear wheel drive.

4. ABVA

ABVA Member

Thanks Brakus, that explains it. Same must be true with Extended Warranty

5. bktiger86

bktiger86 Member

Is the maintenance plan worth it? I'm considering about it as well.

6. Tam

Tam Active Member

It's just like should you go to the dentist at least annually when you have absolutely no toothache.

Some say yes, some say no.

It depends on you.

No:

1) It's an electric car that doesn't need conventional oily maintenance.
    2) Why waste your time when your car is still functional? Standard warranty covers you even when it's broken down on the road.

Yes:

1) Electric car still needs maintenance too.
    2) It's good to have annual inspection even when your car is fine to avoid a potential of being stranded on the road.
    3) If you want to buy extended warranty, Tesla might not sell it to you if you don't maintain your car.

7. tpham07

tpham07 Member

i'll deff maintenance my car but i probably won't do it at the recommended intervals. maybe every 15k miles instead of 12.5k. Tire Rotations you can do anywhere.