Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maintenance schedule after purchasing a CPO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found out my build date from a local service center (2/13) and that my car had already had its second annual maintenance on 2/15. I took delivery of my CPO 7/15 at 15K miles on ODO, which makes timing an annual maintenance interesting. For anyone who purchased a CPO as well, how are you scheduling the upcoming maintenance intervals? The third annual maintenance should be this month 2/16, but I just purchased it and i assume that whatever would have been done on the 3rd annual maintenance would have been done to get it into CPO condition. The rest of the maintenance, I am just going to go on miles (shown below). I am at 20K now, so my tire rotation is coming up and then Brake fluid shortly after that.

I am going by this methodology:

Rotate Tires - at 6000 miles then every 12000 after that
Annual Maintenance - every 12,500 miles
Brake Fluid - every 2 years or 25,000 miles
Battery Coolant - every 5 years or 62,500 miles
thoughts?

I found out my build date from a local service center (2/13) and that my car had already had its second annual maintenance on 2/15. I took delivery of my CPO 7/15 at 15K miles on ODO, which makes timing an annual maintenance interesting. For anyone who purchased a CPO as well, how are you scheduling the upcoming maintenance intervals? The third annual maintenance should be this month 2/16, but I just purchased it and i assume that whatever would have been done on the 3rd annual maintenance would have been done to get it into CPO condition. The rest of the maintenance, I am just going to go on miles (shown below). I am at 20K now, so my tire rotation is coming up and then Brake fluid shortly after that.

I am going by this methodology:

Rotate Tires - at 6000 miles then every 12000 after that
Annual Maintenance - every 12,500 miles
Brake Fluid - every 2 years or 25,000 miles
Battery Coolant - every 5 years or 62,500 miles
thoughts?

i picked up cpo this week. i was told that with the cpo process the car is good for at least a year. the even year services are more thorough so i will do it in 18 to 24 from now. i do plan to rotate tires every 5,000 miles however.

While I purchased new, as mfjedistud said, when you buy CPO, the current-year inspection process should have been done before you brought it home -- no different than an annual process if you had paid $600 and had it done yourself. My take would be to then just follow Tesla's recommendation for service as you found in the Owner's Manual. There are many other threads with discussion about that -- some won't do anything except perhaps rotate tires while they own their MS during the original warranty -- because they don't have to do any service to maintain warranty; On the other end of the spectrum, some owners like me have prepurchased annual service and are letting everything be checked and done by Tesla as need be each year; Then there are the people doing some combination in-between because they have their own views as to what is best. You may want to search for those other threads if the discussion is of interest. Enjoy that P85!