Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Major 2021 Model X refresh pending [Update: Unveiled January 27, 2021]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quit giving those idiots clicks. 95% of the stories they post include headlines that are the definition of clickbait.

Nothing but uninformed speculation at this point.
Electrek has far more inside information with far less fanboism than Teslarati or Tesmanian
Musk must hate the fact that insiders leak Fred information
Fred was first to break information on project Roadrunner & 4680 cells

Big jump in price. Hopefully there’s a very good reason for it. X sales have cratered in Europe, can’t imagine this will help. Thankfully my order was in prior so won’t be affected.

I have an X arriving in December. I can't think of anything they could change that would be worth an extra £5k to me - I like the current interior design and the range is already more than good enough for my needs.

Reactions: X-pilot
Big jump in price. Hopefully there’s a very good reason for it. X sales have cratered in Europe, can’t imagine this will help. Thankfully my order was in prior so won’t be affected.

Yep just posted this on another thread. My order was in before the £5k price hike, but for March delivery.

Sales management in UK (I know them well this is my 4th Tesla) saying that no MX and MS to be shipped to Europe after the December year end push until mid-late March 2021.

I think tied with the comments from Elon this week on range improvements and the fact that Panasonic have new updates to their cells is probably the most likely route to these new increases; Heat pump outside chance...new cells from Tesla even longer shot.

That said they are producing these cells, just not at scale for M3 or MY; but potentially for MX or MS given that Semi and CT are some way off yet...

Electrek has far more inside information with far less fanboism than Teslarati or Tesmanian
Musk must hate the fact that insiders leak Fred information
Fred was first to break information on project Roadrunner & 4680 cells

Fred actually does quite good job, especially given that he’s a stockholder and he has benefited greatly from Teslas rise over the years. Stories are almost balanced and tesla even gets some well deserved criticism between the lines.

Many others on the other hand fall in to two primary groups: 1) bunch of ‘get-rich-quick’ fans that invested all their money in the TSLA and some of which have lately turned toxic, or 2) some others that try to make a living being teslas marketing unit without actually being paid by tesla. Very clever from Elon.

• Funny
  • Disagree
Reactions: outdoors and X Fan