Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Major 2021 Model X refresh pending [Update: Unveiled January 27, 2021]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I assume it is active all the time, such as when you use noise cancelling headphones on an airplane. There shouldn't be any need to have music playing for it to work.

I would assume the same...not sure why it would only work when music is playing. Maybe they have provided a way to turn ANC on or off like headphones do but doubt it would be tied to music.

i would have to agree with everything he said. Even without the federal rebate the price difference is very substantial and with the federal rebate the price difference is about $25k.

in my opinion, the only advantage the model x has is the supercharger network and possibly the service network. Although, the nearest service center from me is about 1.5 hours.

I also prefer the look, inside and out, of the rivian.

I hope that Tesla will be able to compete price wise with the rivian someday and still be able to make a good profit.

Continuing the same line of thought, it would seem that, finally the Cybertruck will deliver the killing blow to Model X if it remained at these price levels. Thus it seems evident, that Model X prices in 2022 will be quite close to Model Y as it is definitely delivers less car for the buck than the Cybertruck.

Happy waiting!

Reactions: 5JMJ
Continuing the same line of thought, it would seem that, finally the Cybertruck will deliver the killing blow to Model X if it remained at these price levels. Thus it seems evident, that Model X prices in 2022 will be quite close to Model Y as it is definitely delivers less car for the buck than the Cybertruck.

Happy waiting!

I agree...the cybertruck seems like it will be an amazing value. If it wasn't so huge (don't think it would fit in my garage and/or possibly my work garage) or if they made a slightly smaller (similar dimensions to the Model X) cybersuv I would be all over it. I am fine if no paint and no FWD if that saves a bunch of money on manufacturing.

My dad has a RAM pickup truck and I am slowly convincing him he should replace it with a cybertruck...the value and specks are amazing. for someone that likes to own trucks.

My order page was updated today to reflect the refresh. I’m still on the fence about switching to new 22’s....
I called and chat today with Tesla and my advisor told me that they will batch update together at end of Feb. April delivery likely.
I ordered 11/18 but wait for refresh instead of taking old one in Dec.
Does your account page shows any delivery estimate?

My order page was updated today to reflect the refresh. I’m still on the fence about switching to new 22’s....

I called and chat today with Tesla and my advisor told me that they will batch update together at end of Feb. April delivery likely.
I ordered 11/18 but wait for refresh instead of taking old one in Dec.
Does your account page shows any delivery estimate?

I called last week to update from Performance -> Plaid and still have all the old details. Rep I talked to didn't know when they would get around to updating :/ Doesn't stop me from checking 14 times a day..

I agree...the cybertruck seems like it will be an amazing value. If it wasn't so huge (don't think it would fit in my garage and/or possibly my work garage)

Why would you keep a Cybertruck (or any car for that matter) in the garage? It's weatherproof. I keep all kinds of junk and kids toys and toy carts and boats filling up the garage instead ;)

Happy waiting!

Speaking a bit hypocritically I want to disagree with you. Hypocritically because my plan is to get a cyber truck rather than a model X myself. Truth is though, if I had the money, I would definitely have both. They seem to be very different vehicles aimed at very different people, or at least functions. So, I think they'll reduce the price of the x, but nowhere near that of the y.

Reactions: 5JMJ and DIL
Why would you keep a Cybertruck (or any car for that matter) in the garage? It's weatherproof. I keep all kinds of junk and kids toys and toy carts and boats filling up the garage instead ;)

i know it’s weather proof but winters and charging would be way easier if I could park in my garage. Plus it might be a tight fit in my driveway for my wife to get in and out of the garage.

i would have to agree with everything he said. Even without the federal rebate the price difference is very substantial and with the federal rebate the price difference is about $25k.

in my opinion, the only advantage the model x has is the supercharger network and possibly the service network. Although, the nearest service center from me is about 1.5 hours.

I also prefer the look, inside and out, of the rivian.

I hope that Tesla will be able to compete price wise with the rivian someday and still be able to make a good profit.

Not a staunch Tesla defender, but the Model X is also real. Rivian hasn't delivered any cars yet and it's hard to make a totally new car. Will it drive as well as a Tesla? Will the crash test scores be strong? Does it have any "autonomous" capabilities and how do they compare? Will they have production issues?

Regardless, competition is GREAT for the market.

I finally added them. I know how I feel when I see someone roll up with the black on black 22s. It’s so obviously the alpha car. The guy down the street has it—and no joke he’s the nicest coolest guy. Loves to surf and his other car is a VW van. But when I walk by his house and a better car than mine everyday— why do that to myself? I see it, I like it, I want it, I got it.

Not a staunch Tesla defender, but the Model X is also real. Rivian hasn't delivered any cars yet and it's hard to make a totally new car. Will it drive as well as a Tesla? Will the crash test scores be strong? Does it have any "autonomous" capabilities and how do they compare? Will they have production issues?

Regardless, competition is GREAT for the market.

good point and I don’t disagree...I guess I should preface what I said with, assuming the Rivian SUV actually gets mass produced. Although, if not rivian, maybe the VW id6 fills that void (3 row mid size affordable EV)?

I guess I am just bitter because we are about to buy a loaded 3 row SUV (ice) about the same size as the model x...and It would have been the model x if it didn’t cost $96,500 (plus tax). Lol

the loaded SUV we are getting is less than 50k but I would have been willing to pay up to an extra 15k for the model X. But won’t pay an extra $50k. Hate the fact that we are about to buy another ICE vehicle.

good point and I don’t disagree...I guess I should preface what I said with, assuming the Rivian SUV actually gets mass produced. Although, if not rivian, maybe the VW id6 fills that void (3 row mid size affordable EV)?

I guess I am just bitter because we are about to buy a loaded 3 row SUV (ice) about the same size as the model x...and It would have been the model x if it didn’t cost $96,500 (plus tax). Lol

the loaded SUV we are getting is less than 50k but I would have been willing to pay up to an extra 15k for the model X. But won’t pay an extra $50k. Hate the fact that we are about to buy another ICE vehicle.
Let me guess VW Atlas? A bit biased as thats what I gravitate towards if I was to go with an ICE. In reality all I want is an EV Atlas. Good size, "normal", reasonably appointed inside at a reasonable price. Keep the crazy doors the yoke steering, the autonomous whatever, I don't want it, I just want a reasonable 3 row SUV that doesn't burn dead dinosaurs. But apparently thats a hard thing to do...

Reactions: 46&2
Let me guess VW Atlas? A bit biased as thats what I gravitate towards if I was to go with an ICE. In reality all I want is an EV Atlas. Good size, "normal", reasonably appointed inside at a reasonable price. Keep the crazy doors the yoke steering, the autonomous whatever, I don't want it, I just want a reasonable 3 row SUV that doesn't burn dead dinosaurs. But apparently thats a hard thing to do...

Kia Telluride SX Prestige package. Looked at the atlas and a bunch of others and for us we liked the telluride the most by a significant margin. HUD, CarPlay, heated/ventilated 1st and 2nd row seats, highway “autopilot” works great, driver seat extender (great for us taller people), 2nd row bucket seats that don’t cost an extra $6,500, 2nd row seats fold flat, and list goes on.

telluride is about the same size as the Model X so the X would have been great for us of it wasn’t $100,000 ( with bucket seats and color we wanted). More than double the price.

This will probably my be our last ICE purchase and it kills me that we aren’t buying an EV instead. When I replace my Jeep I will definitely be getting an EV, possibly the Model Y.

• Informative
Reactions: Lobstahz