Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Major 2021 Model X refresh pending [Update: Unveiled January 27, 2021]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really don't like the yoke steering wheel. Also don't like the lack of stalks - I hope they figure out a better way to turn on windshield wipers than what's in the Model 3.

The three screens are awesome. Love the back screen. Video games in the rear will definitely be a hit with kids.

Can't tell if they changed the middle row seats at all. Would love to have arm rests on the middle row.

Completely underwhelmed. Most important should have been an increase in range. They should have at least tried to integrate the new horizontal screen - looks like they went for the easy way out. The steering wheel ???? Looks very uninviting. The rear screen? don't have kids, but our 13 year old granddaughter is with us a lot and I can not see her using it - on her iPhone all the time. Seems like a waste that would be better served by an iPad. Good news is I will have my 2020 X for some time. And until they increase range to @450 miles would see no reason to "upgrade".

The tesla site is so buggy right now...right now I am comparing a Model X Long Range with the Model Y Long Range....and it is showing the top speed for the X is 91 mph...showing the new price of $89,990 but showing the range as 360

I just got my model x half a year ago.

My first impression seeing the interior update was:
- Wow, damn, that's a big revamp, looks sleek, did I make a mistake not waiting a bit more

After couple of minutes more looking at it:
- Ok, so all they did was just replacing the vertical screen to horizontal like model 3/y, changed air vents to model 3/y, and changed steering wheel.
- Steering wheel looks like a pain to drive with
- Horizontal screen only great for watching video while charging at supercharger, which I do like twice a year
- Good choice not waiting for this

If so, it hasn’t helped range numbers. Unless the new stated range is more true to life rather than optimum scenario...but they still test it under same EPA standards, right?
Heat pump helps most in cold weather, which is not part of EPA test, but a big deal in the real world. Watch Bjorn's YouTube videos from Norway.

I just got my model x half a year ago.

My first impression seeing the interior update was:
- Wow, damn, that's a big revamp, looks sleek, did I make a mistake not waiting a bit more

After couple of minutes more looking at it:
- Ok, so all they did was just replacing the vertical screen to horizontal like model 3/y, changed air vents to model 3/y, and changed steering wheel.
- Steering wheel looks like a pain to drive with
- Horizontal screen only great for watching video while charging at supercharger, which I do like twice a year
- Good choice not waiting for this

Screen change was expected. Look at the Cybertruck. I am just happy they kept the driver binacle. I prefer having speed and cars next to me displayed right in front of me. However, I wish they would add a HUD.

I put down $100 on X a few days ago, but tesla just call me and told me that they can't honor the old price and they are going change my order which will be $8k more expensive ($2k less than $10k increase). Anybody experiencing the same?

I won't be taking the car for $8K more for sure. The "upgrade" seems nice but not worth the $8K.

That makes sense :( I'm standing by for my call. Did they just offer you a $2k discount because you had the order in?

Reactions: andrewdtran