Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Major 2021 Model X refresh pending [Update: Unveiled January 27, 2021]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it a given that sometime within say the next 12 months Tesla will release a LR+ MX, somewhere between the LR and the Plaid? If so, based on history, how much additional mileage and cost would you all expect it would come with? TY

Reactions: 5JMJ
My guess - one of two scenarios: They made the packs a bit smaller and found a bunch of efficiency in aero tweaks, power electronics, and pack construction, but X still is not aero efficient enough (because worse cD and more frontal area) to benefit from losing weight in the pack, while S is slippery enough that a lot more of its highway juice is going to overcoming friction as opposed to wind

or they de-rated X because it was always rated too high, heh

Battery supply constraints is very interesting. The legacy battery is also what’s going in installed capacity which is also growing fast. Fun stuff

Here are my likes and dislikes.

1. Interior refresh (my 2020 LR+ Feels 5 years older now)
- dashboard is modern and clean
- widescreen display much better for gaming and videos, easier to use than stretching my hand high or low
2. More power! I love the 3.8 sec 0-60, my 4.4 sec is the same as model Y which is embarrassing
3. Phone as key
4. Improved motors, battery pack and electronics
5. Noise canceling speakers makes for quieter cabin

dislike
1. Price is $10k more than I paid
2. Chrome delete isn’t special anymore
3. FWD still there means no full glass roof, passengers feel entombed still compared to 3 or Y or S
4. New fog lamps are the same as 3/Y
5. Still has an ugly rear

I was seriously considering an X for my next car, with one of the sticking points being less range. This kills it for me. With the drop in range, I am going to stick with an S.
This seems so strange. Without having to read multiple pages of this thread since yesterday, does anyone have a theory as to why range would go down, when it went up a bit with the S?
For starters, 360 is ”estimated” which means the official EPA number could very well be higher.
Then considering the increased hp, not surprising if the range actually decreased, just like gas cars with V8 usually have lower mpg than V6 version.