Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Major Change In Edd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my edd is estimated originally suppose to be in January. Then it changed to feb- March then it up dated to December 18th - 31st. Spoke with my advisor it states that it’s going to be delivered in the 26th of December. Now I go into my app to order another key and I see it just says Edd June?! Is this normal for it to change I ordered late July earlier August. Anyone know what’s going on? I’ve seen other post they change but I haven’t seen one this far out other than the S and X I order a model Y LR.

So my edd is estimated originally suppose to be in January. Then it changed to feb- March then it up dated to December 18th - 31st. Spoke with my advisor it states that it’s going to be delivered in the 26th of December. Now I go into my app to order another key and I see it just says Edd June?! Is this normal for it to change I ordered late July earlier August. Anyone know what’s going on? I’ve seen other post they change but I haven’t seen one this far out other than the S and X I order a model Y LR.
I don't have any insight as to why the EDD changed so much, or why the app hasn't updated, but the same happened to me. I ordered a MYLR white/black on July 24. My EDD just kept moving from Jan to Feb to March to April and as of last week was March 2-30. Then I look on the app on Tuesday and it says I have a VIN and my EDD is Dec 14-24. My advisor never answers my emails or messages, but when I called Tesla yesterday I was told my car is still in CA, but should be shipped soon. Maybe update your app or delete/reinstall it and see if it reflects the new EDD. It should be the same as what you see online in your account. Either way, Congratulations! We've waited long enough and it's about time I have a VIN!! Hope you do too.

• Helpful
Reactions: Corndart
Mine moved Saturday morning from 12/15-12/29 to Feb 8-March 8. It's normal, in that it's happened to lots of us, but not normal in that this is an utter clown show from Tesla. My wife and I had just cancelled a Christmas trip to Florida to be home to pick up our car, and suddenly we're told that it's not 2-3 weeks out, but 2-3 months. Of course, it could all change back Monday morning. That Tesla are threatening to cancel some customers' orders because of changed dates, but can't offer an EDD to save themselves is absurd...

It seems to me that Tesla is clearing everyone by order date even if they had a hold in the past or even completed their profile months later. That is why they have been pushing out some August and many September OD's to clear all old bookings this year itself.

I don't have any insight as to why the EDD changed so much, or why the app hasn't updated, but the same happened to me. I ordered a MYLR white/black on July 24. My EDD just kept moving from Jan to Feb to March to April and as of last week was March 2-30. Then I look on the app on Tuesday and it says I have a VIN and my EDD is Dec 14-24. My advisor never answers my emails or messages, but when I called Tesla yesterday I was told my car is still in CA, but should be shipped soon. Maybe update your app or delete/reinstall it and see if it reflects the new EDD. It should be the same as what you see online in your account. Either way, Congratulations! We've waited long enough and it's about time I have a VIN!! Hope you do too.
Congrats I can’t wait for you to get your car super excited I got black with white interior and I got FSD I can’t wait to get my vin this is crazy. Let me know if when after it I should be to far behind you.

Mine moved Saturday morning from 12/15-12/29 to Feb 8-March 8. It's normal, in that it's happened to lots of us, but not normal in that this is an utter clown show from Tesla. My wife and I had just cancelled a Christmas trip to Florida to be home to pick up our car, and suddenly we're told that it's not 2-3 weeks out, but 2-3 months. Of course, it could all change back Monday morning. That Tesla are threatening to cancel some customers' orders because of changed dates, but can't offer an EDD to save themselves is absurd...
No way I would be so upset if I canceled my trip to get my car I’m sorry about that I hope you can reschedule your trip. When did you order your car? I hope it changed back on tomorrow I been with out a car since June and I just got my settlement from my lemon lawsuit so I been dying for my car.

No way I would be so upset if I canceled my trip to get my car I’m sorry about that I hope you can reschedule your trip. When did you order your car? I hope it changed back on tomorrow I been with out a car since June and I just got my settlement from my lemon lawsuit so I been dying for my car.
Ordered September 10. Would have no problems waiting longer if I had a decent ballpark date for delivery. But these random moves up and down several months make it emotionally exhausting + impossible to plan around. Sorry about the wait without a car. I know what you mean, when you're waiting for something you want, time just goes so slowly...

Ordered September 10. Would have no problems waiting longer if I had a decent ballpark date for delivery. But these random moves up and down several months make it emotionally exhausting + impossible to plan around. Sorry about the wait without a car. I know what you mean, when you're waiting for something you want, time just goes so slowly...
Agreed it needs to get better.

I accepted an offer on my eTron sort of based on my last EDD. I say sort of because I knew I was selling early but the offer was too good to pass up. I’ve now been without a car over a month and it’s starting to get old. My current EDD is Jan 5 - Mar 8. I’m a 20 min drive away from Fremont so I think I’ll take delivery sometime later this month but who knows. I even went to the Mercedes dealership and sat in a GLC and it just didn’t feel right. It made me want a TESLA even more. We will all be very happy very soon, if anyone is feeling sorry for themselves just think of me biking to work in the cold…….at least as cold as it gets here in the Bay Area lol.

• Funny
Reactions: eeee-meeee
I accepted an offer on my eTron sort of based on my last EDD. I say sort of because I knew I was selling early but the offer was too good to pass up. I’ve now been without a car over a month and it’s starting to get old. My current EDD is Jan 5 - Mar 8. I’m a 20 min drive away from Fremont so I think I’ll take delivery sometime later this month but who knows. I even went to the Mercedes dealership and sat in a GLC and it just didn’t feel right. It made me want a TESLA even more. We will all be very happy very soon, if anyone is feeling sorry for themselves just think of me biking to work in the cold…….at least as cold as it gets here in the Bay Area lol.
Wow! Same OD as me. Too many other people Who ordered well after we did have already gotten their cars. It makes no sense at all. It’s been a long wait and hopefully you will hear something this week!

Reactions: Naija King
I hear you at least you
I accepted an offer on my eTron sort of based on my last EDD. I say sort of because I knew I was selling early but the offer was too good to pass up. I’ve now been without a car over a month and it’s starting to get old. My current EDD is Jan 5 - Mar 8. I’m a 20 min drive away from Fremont so I think I’ll take delivery sometime later this month but who knows. I even went to the Mercedes dealership and sat in a GLC and it just didn’t feel right. It made me want a TESLA even more. We will all be very happy very soon, if anyone is feeling sorry for themselves just think of me biking to work in the cold…….at least as cold as it gets here in the Bay Area lo
Wow! Same OD as me. Too many other people Who ordered well after we did have already gotten their cars. It makes no sense at all. It’s been a long wait and hopefully you will hear something this week!
It doesn’t i want to know how they figure that out

I had the exact same situation. I sold my car when the delivery date moved from June 2022 to December 15. I only did this after confirming with Tesla and the local manager that there was a car on the way. After a week, the date moved back to June. I went to our local showroom and was adamant that they remedy the situation. It took 24 hours but they found me a car with the same specs. I love the car and I’m very grateful to the local team, but this ongoing incompetence over delivery dates is absurd and unreasonable. at some point, customer service will matter (other brands will catch up). Tesla is a tech company - hire some more tech geniuses and improve the delivery software. Customers are relying on it.

I had the exact same situation. I sold my car when the delivery date moved from June 2022 to December 15. I only did this after confirming with Tesla and the local manager that there was a car on the way. After a week, the date moved back to June. I went to our local showroom and was adamant that they remedy the situation. It took 24 hours but they found me a car with the same specs. I love the car and I’m very grateful to the local team, but this ongoing incompetence over delivery dates is absurd and unreasonable. at some point, customer service will matter (other brands will catch up). Tesla is a tech company - hire some more tech geniuses and improve the delivery software. Customers are relying on it
I had the exact same situation. I sold my car when the delivery date moved from June 2022 to December 15. I only did this after confirming with Tesla and the local manager that there was a car on the way. After a week, the date moved back to June. I went to our local showroom and was adamant that they remedy the situation. It took 24 hours but they found me a car with the same specs. I love the car and I’m very grateful to the local team, but this ongoing incompetence over delivery dates is absurd and unreasonable. at some point, customer service will matter (other brands will catch up). Tesla is a tech company - hire some more tech geniuses and improve the delivery software. Customers are relying on it.
You so right We’ll jan 26 came and left they gave me a vin and everything then said sorry it’s going to a different state. Been with out a car for months now it’s said jan 7th - 21st. I’ve been on my SA behind about it and he know it. People have gotten cars who orders months after me it makes no sense.