Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Major Christmas Light How To

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While my neighbor did not get a ticket, he did get a verbal warning from Aurora, IL police and was reminded that his Christmas lights are illegal.
That said, we were both driving and hanging out a lot around downtown Naperville, IL and did not have any issues. I made a fun reaction video and the cop/illegal thing is a theme throughout -

If you're ever interested in how to do this, check out my huge how to -

Attachments

• Snapshot(2).jpg
    Snapshot(2).jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 318
While my neighbor did not get a ticket, he did get a verbal warning from Aurora, IL police and was reminded that his Christmas lights are illegal.
That said, we were both driving and hanging out a lot around downtown Naperville, IL and did not have any issues. I made a fun reaction video and the cop/illegal thing is a theme throughout

I love it (we're sort of "Christmas nerds") :D

Hahaha, TFGs ....

1641500462917.png

debbie-downer.gif

After my last Christmas light video, so many questions, and so much information, I made a huge how-to video.
I explain in a lot of detail how to do this yourself and provide many really good tips to help save you tons of time and effort.
  • What Lights to Use - have to use LEDs
  • Light Density - pack the lights in
  • Layout and Planning
  • Layout and Planning for Door, Trunk, Hood Access - do you want to still use your doors :)
  • What Tape to Use, How Much, Car Paint/Finish Concerns, Light the Roof?, Tape Durability - 3M repair tape
  • Duct Tape or Painters Tape?
  • Ideas to Tape Quicker – Most Valuable Tip!
  • Waxy/Slick Surfaces Need to be Prepped - time to get the alcohol
  • Test Your Lights
  • Interior Controls
  • Power Hookup
  • Power Inverter that I used
  • Interior to Exterior Wire Layout
  • Time to Complete Project
  • Snow Warning
  • Is This Legal? No, it's not...

My previous Christmas cheer video:

This was so much fun I plan to do it again next year. By that time I'll have forgotten how much work it all was...

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: Big Earl and KenC