Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Major GPS glitch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took a long drive for a work meeting today and was directed the the wrong address by the Model S navigation system. Weirdly, the new address for the company had the coordinates of the company's old address - in a different city. But it was listing the new address.

I had no idea what was going on and check on my phone with Google moas. Google maps had the new address and new coordinates. I finally got there but was pretty disappointed and late for my meeting.

I took a long drive for a work meeting today and was directed the the wrong address by the Model S navigation system. Weirdly, the new address for the company had the coordinates of the company's old address - in a different city. But it was listing the new address.

I had no idea what was going on and check on my phone with Google moas. Google maps had the new address and new coordinates. I finally got there but was pretty disappointed and late for my meeting.

This sort of thing happens to me about 30% of the time I enter in an address. It used to be about 70% but the map database update last January helped a little. The Nav app has some problems suggest you write an email to Tesla to document it.