Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Major issues after holiday update (2022.44.25.5) in 2022 Model S Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

theckman

Supporting Member
Sep 12, 2022
Los Angeles, CA
Hey everyone,

I was excited to get the holiday update for some of the new features, but after installing it I regret everything as half of the features in the car no longer work. This is FSD Beta 10.69.25 (2022.44.25.5.c148f5d83c55) in an early 2022 Model S Plaid.

1. Cruise control, Autopilot, and FSD cannot be activated.
2. Automatic high beams no longer work, and when car turns on headlights it immediately turns on the high beams even if it’s only overcast outside.
2. Automatic wipers no longer trigger automatically.
3. Turn signals no longer turn off when changing lanes.
4. Mirrors no longer reliably fold / unfold when the car is locked and unlocked.

All of my options in the settings panels look right, so it’s not like settings have changed.

This is especially problematic because I am on a holiday road trip over 2,700 miles from home and I’ve lost most of the car’s features. And also since there are no warnings or notices popping up, I’m worried about what else isn’t working. Do I still have a functional forward collision warning system?

I tried the two finger salute to no avail, next I’m gonna park it with Sentry and stuff disabled so it’ll deep sleep to see if coming out of deep sleep fixes it.

Is anyone else seeing issues with this build?

That’s what is was referring to when I said I had done the two thumb salute. I already tried the scroll wheel MCU restart.
Doh! I missed that. Well I hope it does not happen to my car, MSLR 2022. I got the update, however I have not driven it yet. I don't have winter tires and the roads have a 1 inch layer of ice on them :-(. Next week we should be back to normal rainy Seattle :)

Doh! I missed that. Well I hope it does not happen to my car, MSLR 2022. I got the update, however I have not driven it yet. I don't have winter tires and the roads have a 1 inch layer of ice on them :-(. Next week we should be back to normal rainy Seattle :)
I planned ahead and bought winter tires for this trip assuming I probably wouldn’t need them with my luck. Turns out I was wrong.

Have fun when you get out to it!

Reactions: Mark II
So I’m trying the deep sleep now back at my hotel. Sentry and stuff is off. Gonna let it hang out for a few hours and see how it looks after dinner.

I did find a tempting “software reinstall” button in the service mode menu, and so if things aren’t right after coming out of a deep sleep I’m gonna try a reinstall.
Also may be worth trying a second reboot if you haven't already. My car had weird artifacts frozen on the nav screen after the update. I didn't think too much about it, rebooted the car and took off to the store. After the reboot, neither screen came back to life. Just the black screen with the Tesla logo. When I got to the store I parked and rebooted again, then everything came back to normal.

I bet after a deep sleep and/or another reboot and yours will be back to normal.

Deep sleep fixed it. I even noticed a new “limited regeneration” indicator that wasn’t present beforehand, even though regeneration was limited. So something funky had happened, but all good now.

Attachments

• A929EA21-ADA4-42E1-8642-893ABA934617.jpeg
    A929EA21-ADA4-42E1-8642-893ABA934617.jpeg
    276.1 KB · Views: 954
Deep sleep fixed it. I even noticed a new “limited regeneration” indicator that wasn’t present beforehand, even though regeneration was limited. So something funky had happened, but all good now.
Thanks for the follow up. I was about ready to hand our '22 X over to the wife tomorrow morning and tell her she received a gift from Tesla. Now, I'm thinking how could that have came across horribly wrong... Will test drive myself after this freezing rain thaws -- then give the good news. Good tip on Sentry mode... doing the same overnight.
-TechVP

• Funny
Reactions: aerodyne
Glad you were able to resolve your issues. Is anyone else having problems with FSD? I am getting false "Hands On Defeat Device Detected" warnings and after 3 times it turns off FSD (because I am in FSD purgatory with 5 strikes) See attached picture with warning message and steering wheel with NO Device attached!
Am on a 2600 mile road trip and still getting lots of phantom braking. 2020 Model Y LR DM 42000 miles - most on FSD

Attachments

• IMG_4063.JPG
    IMG_4063.JPG
    389.3 KB · Views: 83
Hey everyone,

I was excited to get the holiday update for some of the new features, but after installing it I regret everything as half of the features in the car no longer work. This is FSD Beta 10.69.25 (2022.44.25.5.c148f5d83c55) in an early 2022 Model S Plaid.

1. Cruise control, Autopilot, and FSD cannot be activated.
2. Automatic high beams no longer work, and when car turns on headlights it immediately turns on the high beams even if it’s only overcast outside.
2. Automatic wipers no longer trigger automatically.
3. Turn signals no longer turn off when changing lanes.
4. Mirrors no longer reliably fold / unfold when the car is locked and unlocked.

All of my options in the settings panels look right, so it’s not like settings have changed.

This is especially problematic because I am on a holiday road trip over 2,700 miles from home and I’ve lost most of the car’s features. And also since there are no warnings or notices popping up, I’m worried about what else isn’t working. Do I still have a functional forward collision warning system?

I tried the two finger salute to no avail, next I’m gonna park it with Sentry and stuff disabled so it’ll deep sleep to see if coming out of deep sleep fixes it.

Is anyone else seeing issues with this build?
Exactly same symptoms in my car. I have a model 3 performance 2019.

Glad you were able to resolve your issues. Is anyone else having problems with FSD? I am getting false "Hands On Defeat Device Detected" warnings and after 3 times it turns off FSD (because I am in FSD purgatory with 5 strikes) See attached picture with warning message and steering wheel with NO Device attached!
Am on a 2600 mile road trip and still getting lots of phantom braking. 2020 Model Y LR DM 42000 miles - most on FSD
Have you been able to get back into beta? I’ve been wondering if we can actually be kicked out now since anyone can join.

Exactly same symptoms in my car. I have a model 3 performance 2019.
Not sure if your resolved your issue but I was able to solve my issue by scheduling a appointment like the screen suggested. Ultimately they contacted me through the app and said they sent a firmware update but I didn’t see anything on my end. I guess the escalated the matter because shortly after I received a message from someone in software and they got the update to come through.
That update I guess included the correct firmware for the onboard computer. The update version didn’t change. It was 44.25.5 and this was a 2020 model 3 sr+