Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Major Power Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
During the installation process I believe there was an issue with the gateway. Had to wait a few weeks for someone to come out and fix it. While I was waiting, had major issue with lights flickering around the house. This caused trouble with the water heater, cable internet, central ac units, microwave, etc. Someone from Tesla tried to blame the original installer for AC in the house not tightening down the incoming power. How can that be if Tesla re-wired the power connections for the solar system? I noticed issues with a central air unit acting up. I had them serviced to replace capacitors and install a hard stop. Thought it was good to go. Now the same Central Air unit is having issues again. The real problem is the microwave oven. Each time it’s used it throws the electrical system into a mess. Appears to be resetting everything as the solar goes off line for a while. Huge voltage drops, everything in the house turns on and off several times. I’m assuming the issues earlier have killed the microwave capacitor and it’s drawing too much power through the gateway. I’m still in the inspection process. Tesla hasn’t helped at all with the issues I’m having. Any thoughts? I’m thinking the Gateway is the issue and it is slowly killing appliances in the house.

Could be a bad neutral connection (e.g. in the Gateway, or something else Tesla touched). If running a particular (120V) load makes some lights brighter, and other lights dimmer, that's a sure sign of a bad neutral. Although that is for incandescent lights, not sure how modern lights were respond to the voltage fluctuations.

Cheers, Wayne