Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Major safety concern: Passenger side Door handle and windows don’t work

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2016 model S 90d . We are traveling across country and passenger windows and door handles not working. I contacted Tesla service and this can’t be fixed with mobile service. The tech thinks it could be right front door harness. Has anyone else had this problem? This is a major safety concern if you can’t open the doors from the outside. If an accident were to occur the passenger couldn’t be removed from the car.

So, I still don't know what you are saying. When you unlock the door with the key fob or approach the car with the keys in your pocket, the front passenger door does not open, but all other doors will. When you touch the door handle of the passenger door, it doesn't present at all and the door won't open. When you unlock the car or walk up to it with the keys on you, all door handles present themselves except the front passenger. The car is set to unlock all doors when the unlock door is pressed.

On the front passenger window, when you open the door from the inside, does the window drop down 1 inch to allow the door to open, or does it stay up in the channel making it very difficult to open the door? When you close the door, does the window go back up in the channel, remain open a bit, or door doesn't close well because window is still all the way up?

When I unlock the car with the FOB or walk up to the car the driver door and the door behind the driver both present and unlock. The passenger side both front and rear do not unlock or present. In addition neither the passenger window or the backseat behind passenger will go up or down Using the buttons for the windows on either side. when I open the passenger door from inside the vehicle the window does in fact go down and back up when closed.

Here was one other person able to set it right with a short fiddle in the fuse box. Apparently it was left side on him but if out of Tesla help would be worth to try...
I believe there are separate fuses controlling both the front and rear doors on the right side and the windows. Failures in both doors is unlikely a single fuse issue. This is why I think it is a wiring issue or CAN bus wiring.