Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Major Ugly need front end parts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I unfortunately got too close to a Jeep today. The Jeep is in good shape, I wish I could say the same for my Roadster. Looks like I will need new headlights, hood, drivers side fender and a bumper. Does anyone have any idea how to get the parts? I am also checking with Tesla but I am OK with used.

IMG_2862.JPG

I would buy a new bumper cover, as it is less than $450. Prepping a used one takes a lot of labor and will ending up costing you more. It looks like you can repair and refinish the fender and hood, so all you need is a set of headlights. I have a extra set of both the standard and Xenon ones if you need them. PM me.

Reactions: ICON and dhrivnak
Mostly good news for me. Tesla said they have all the needed parts. The headlights are pricey at $1240 and are HID. By chance are those the newer, brighter, non-peeling headlights. If so than that is not bad. If those are the old style ebay has some good options as does MLAuto. The fender is under $1000 and the bumper under $500 so pleased with that. But the hood is expensive at nearly $6000. I will go back to the body shop to see if mine can be fixed as the CF is not broken through. So there is hope I will be better than new soon.

I would buy a new bumper cover, as it is less than $450. Prepping a used one takes a lot of labor and will ending up costing you more. It looks like you can repair and refinish the fender and hood, so all you need is a set of headlights. I have a extra set of both the standard and Xenon ones if you need them. PM me.
Hi MLAuto, I am interested and did PM you.

The body shop says they should be able to fix the CF hood and showed me where they did the same thing on a CF Lamborghini hood that was much worse than mine. It turned out well. So I am leaning toward letting them try to save over $5000 for that part. Thoughts?

The body shop says they should be able to fix the CF hood and showed me where they did the same thing on a CF Lamborghini hood that was much worse than mine. It turned out well. So I am leaning toward letting them try to save over $5000 for that part. Thoughts?

First, sorry about your damage. At least you have the opportunity for some fresh paint to fix any road rash you may have accumulated over the years :)

From what I can see from the picture, hood damage doesn't seem to bad. From experience I've had with CF, a really good shop with experience in CF repairs using fiberglass should be able to fix that really well. My experience has been with a rigid part that doesn't flex as much as a hood may, but I think i would try the repair unless your insurance covers the hood. Especially if the body shop warranties it.

Others may have more experience and can chime in re CF repairs on parts that experience some minimal flex like a hood.

Probably save the cash and use it for the factory xenon upgrades. Much better use of the funds.

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak
Repairing your current parts, if they can be repaired, also saves the limited supply of spares that exist on the planet. Good luck!

BTW, I also have the upgraded headlights (highly recommended!), and while pretty good, they are unfortunately not peel-proof. Just so you know.

Reactions: dhrivnak
Well a happy ending. The car really does look better than new. Tesla had new headlights (HID), bumper and a fender. And prices were reasonable on the bumper $450 and fender $950. The body shop did a great job and even the hood looks smoother than stock. After 10 years of use there were a few chips that ar now all gone. So for under $9k and 2 weeks i am back on the road.

8AC16ABA-67B9-4D63-B6A7-294B2829022C.jpegBA9A535B-A2E5-4AEF-B2EA-8E4A957AD988.jpeg81A53845-F92C-4457-98C7-EAA245B9EF9B.jpeg