Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Make a charging-specific forum?

Sophias_dad

Supporting Member
Jul 29, 2018
Massachusetts
I wonder if it might be a good idea to create a 'charging' forum, separate from the model-specific battery/charging forum, since the S/X/3/Y have generally the same charging requirements, ignoring the 80 amp S's and such.

Perusing the S/X/3/Y battery/charging forums, there's a decent number of redundant questions being asked about charging installs/issues.

Sophias_dad

Supporting Member
Jul 29, 2018
Massachusetts
That's not really what I was referring to, I was more interested in questions like:

Do I need special wiring for my HPWC?
How do I loadshare HPWC's?
My townhome doesn't have a plug near the parking area, what do I do?
My garage only has a two-prong 120V outlet, how do I connect my UMC to it?
The last owner used a 70 amp breaker on 8 gauge appliance cord to an outlet. Can I just wire my HPWC to that?
My HPWC has a 100 amp breaker. Should I change that to a 60 amp breaker since my cars will only be using 48 amps?

The list goes on and on.

Sophias_dad

Supporting Member
Jul 29, 2018
Massachusetts
Yes, I looked.

It appears to focus, intentionally or not, on superchargers, upcoming developments in charging, the more 'institutional' charger infrastructure, and so on.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC