Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Make an Offer :Reduced Price:2014 Model S 60KWH Subzero Weather package Rear Seating SC enabled - SO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Folks..Read all the comments here to this thread. Lot of good information and lot of noise too. Now ignoring the noise, i have reduced the price to 94K as you can see. Now lets see how many serious buyers. Lot of folks are asking me why i am selling this car and i dont feel to specify any reason as long as the car is in an super excellent condition, which it is. so let me know if there are any serious buyers

Hello Folks..Read all the comments here to this thread. Lot of good information and lot of noise too. Now ignoring the noise, i have reduced the price to 94K as you can see. Now lets see how many serious buyers. Lot of folks are asking me why i am selling this car and i dont feel to specify any reason as long as the car is in an super excellent condition, which it is. so let me know if there are any serious buyers

I see that you are a fairly new member and on that front I would like to welcome you. At the same time, I will also assure you that most all of us here are a part of community and will not take advantage of each other or for that matter anybody else, that is why I will not give you some low ball counter offer like (pick any number between $94 to $940).

Still Wayyyyyyyy over priced. New one with Federal Tax Credit comes to tad over $76K. $18K is approx. 23% + "almost instant" return on investment, better than any other legal investment known to man kind. This is tantamount to saying that "I am making you an offer you can't afford to accept". You can not be serious about looking for some serious buyers or interested in selling.

Last edited:
This website should charge people to list here. Real buyers aren't even going to come here anymore because 3 of 4 listings are people trying to recover sales tax, keep tax credits and add some extra profits in there as well. No one is going to buy your car. Even if you lowered the price to $70k (which I think you would still struggle to find a buyer), I still wouldn't buy your car because I don't trust you.

I feel bad for the members of this website who are actually trying to sell their car at an honest price.

The car costed me 93K including the sales tax. Now in California there is a cash rebate of $ 2500 and a $ 7500 tax deduction which may translate into $ 1500 ( assuming 20% tax bracket). I am selling the car at a premium of 20K. I can reduce it by $ 4K ( 2500+1500). I am a serous private party seller . If you are willing to pay this price then this car can be yours right away.

Hello, This is even worse than my earlier estimate of $18K, now it is 25%+

- - - Updated - - -

Come on guys, he can ask whatever he wants for the car. Nobody is going to pay that kind of money for a used one. Let him just sit on it.
+1, but he his still insulting common intelligence.

So I can:
A) Go to the factory website, order a new car (with 15 miles on it), if I'm willing to wait 4 weeks and pay $85,520 and still get my tax credit of $7500+ (net $78,020)

B) Go to Tesla and ask for a list of inventory vehicles and which will be even more affordable, with 1 to 2 week wait, and still get a tax credit of $7500+ (net lower still)

C) Go this route, pay $10,000 premium, get no tax credit, 1000+ miles, and only have to wait (maybe) 1 week.

Hmmm, which option would you choose?

So I can:
A) Go to the factory website, order a new car (with 15 miles on it), if I'm willing to wait 4 weeks and pay $85,520 and still get my tax credit of $7500+ (net $78,020)

B) Go to Tesla and ask for a list of inventory vehicles and which will be even more affordable, with 1 to 2 week wait, and still get a tax credit of $7500+ (net lower still)

C) Go this route, pay $10,000 premium, get no tax credit, 1000+ miles, and only have to wait (maybe) 1 week.

Interesting:) I like the comment. Many people buy their Tesla's and sell them for outrageous prices, sometimes equal or higher than sticker value. Your comment truly shows the real value of knowledge when making a purchase options are key.

OPTION - B (depending on quality and options) if not A!

So I can:

It's actually even worse :) The net price is $76,520 with federal tax credit and since this is being sold only to someone in California, it's really net $74,020 for a brand new one with the same specs, so this is a $20,000 premium over the cost of a new one. IMHO anyone with enough money burning a hole in their pocket to spend an extra $20k just to get their car a few weeks early is not going to be buying a 60.

It's actually even worse :) The net price is $76,520 with federal tax credit and since this is being sold only to someone in California, it's really net $74,020 for a brand new one with the same specs, so this is a $20,000 premium over the cost of a new one. IMHO anyone with enough money burning a hole in their pocket to spend an extra $20k just to get their car a few weeks early is not going to be buying a 60.

Yeah, I left off the CA rebate just to be conservative for others outside of state (just trying to help the guy- sort of). ;) But you're right.
Did I add a spec I shouldn't have? I got $78,020 after fed credit, and before CA tax advantage.

Shows ignorance of OP. no one here or at tesla forum will buy at a premium. Only uninformed folks will buy at this price. When you buy from a private party, you will pay less than an inventory car because of associated risks. This includeing tax credit in calculation.