Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Make Cigarette / USB off when car in sleep

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, its my first post sorry if anything wrong.
I know the Cigarette / USB is hot when the car wakes under sentry mode. (have to keep it on cuz the neighbourhood got few break-in recently)
Is there any way to make it only on when the car starts? Or any way to tap the power?
I wanna get an ambient light carpet, but I always forget to unplug it after getting off the car.
not afraid of power drain from 12v, just don't want the light on when I am not in the car.

Thank you in advance!

Hi, its my first post sorry if anything wrong.
I know the Cigarette / USB is hot when the car wakes under sentry mode. (have to keep it on cuz the neighbourhood got few break-in recently)
Is there any way to make it only on when the car starts? Or any way to tap the power?
I wanna get an ambient light carpet, but I always forget to unplug it after getting off the car.
not afraid of power drain from 12v, just don't want the light on when I am not in the car.

Thank you in advance!

The USB IS off when the car is asleep. (which is what your thread title is asking). Sentry mode does not let the car sleep, so if you run sentry mode all the time, the car is not sleeping (and the USBs will stay on).

The USB IS off when the car is asleep. (which is what your thread title is asking). Sentry mode does not let the car sleep, so if you run sentry mode all the time, the car is not sleeping (and the USBs will stay on).
Thanks for the reply, so are there any way to make it off when I run sentry mode? for example tap a lower to something that only hot when the car is on.