Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Make Me a Tesla" - A Song for all the Other cars out there

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just because I had too much time on my hands one day, and because - over several months since then - I have developed the guts, lack of insight, shortsightedness, and poor judgement to actually share this.
Sung Live, inside the Boston Tesla Service Center (Watertown, MA), on the eve of its second anniversary. I make no claim of talent or intent to develop it, so fear not, Bonnie.
Everyone else, Get out your ear plugs and give a listen -

One night, when speaking with a group of friends about my Model S, I suddenly realized I didn't just feel bad for them, I felt bad for their cars...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahaha! I spent most of today working in my garden. Came in, showered, ate dinner ... and came online.

Screen Shot 2015-04-15 at 9.25.17 PM.png

Thanks. John Prine is a great song writer. I've heard Bonnie Raitt perform this in person.

Always a favorite, love both the John Prine original, and Bonnie's version.
- I love that Bonnie responded to my comments about Bonnie Raitt not having to fear I may have talent.
- Appreciate the comments. I could never confabulate even such a shattered performance without having the words ahead of time...
- The day I arrived I was suddenly shaking - this is my first and only time ever playing guitar and singing outside of a well-insulated family room. Warm and sunny, it was a perfect day as the service doors were open. The head of Tesla, Canada was there and the look on his face was a little incredulous, "Does this kind of thing happen often here?", has asked Mat, the manager, who just smiled an "of course".