Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Make sure the service centre CLOSES your ticket.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've gotta say this is one of the stupidest oversight by Tesla.

I had my car booked in Friday for a free warranty check, my services tab on the app was left on estimates where it was $0.00 so I didn't think I needed to do anything.

Show up to my appointment, get a tour of the place and some Tesla plate covers, good times.

Come the next day (Saturday) I'm getting loads of notifications from the APP to approve my estimate, so I went into the app to close the notifications and the service job... my mistake was clicking on "Approve Estimate" ... the app immediately went into service mode with "In Service" below the battery gauge I lost all tabs except Locations, Service and Upgrades... which meant I could no longer drive the car with the app...

I called the service centres immediately but they're closed on weekends, I called the emergency road assistance line and their vehicle support team was also closed... the person on the other end at the call centre couldn't help me either. The worst part about this experience was having the automated voice on the phone telling me to "use my app to resolve" the issue... but the APP was the issue...

I was very very lucky that I had a keycard with me as I had dropped one off to my parents incase they needed to borrow, they were meant to get both but only took one... otherwise I would have been left far from home with no access and with no help at all from Tesla.

I just don't understand why

1. The app didn't warn you that once clicking estimates it immediately goes into service mode that can't be deactivated except by the service centre
2. NO ONE on the help or support lines were able to do anything! Not even the dealerships who obviously are open on Weekends.
3. Why the app didn't recognise I wasn't anywhere near a service centre.

I got lucky because I had a key card, but this scenario could really mess about with someone else.

The app worked first thing Monday morning at about 7am as I bet the service centre saw the ticket as still open on their system... would have called them otherwise.

I think I would be trying to contact Tesla to let them know that this was an issue. So they have the opportunity to make changes to prevent a repeat should they desire to do so.

Yes, I know, not always easy to contact them these days :-(

I think I would be trying to contact Tesla to let them know that this was an issue. So they have the opportunity to make changes to prevent a repeat should they desire to do so.

Yes, I know, not always easy to contact them these days :-(

Mate, you answered your own statement.

Like any normal person I was trying to contact them the entire time, I even told the dealership what was happening and if they could take note.

In classic Tesla fashion, when I called again to follow up, they acted like they didn't know anything or even cared. Their after sales care is genuinely useless, which I experienced and expected... but their emergency care failure is the bit that genuinely concerns me.