Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Make sure your bank paperwork is truly finalized before your delivery appointment!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3/31/16 first in line overnight waiter / non-owner / 2/22/18 configured here. I'd been in touch with my ISA many times to make sure that everything was fine for my delivery on 3/31/18. I was assured that everything was good. Final paperwork came through on Thursday, and I had my bank send my down payment over. Got a copy of the final paperwork signed by Tesla on Friday, as well as a call confirming my delivery on Saturday at 1:00 PM.

Got to the delivery center on Saturday, signed what little I had to do and figured okay - time to get my car and leave! Wrong... The person then asked if I had a check from my bank. "Uh no. My ISA worked with my bank and worked out the funds transmittal thing with them." Turns out, no they hadn't.

I then spent three hours in hell while they spoke with my bank and Tesla management about whether I could get my car. I got to review inside and outside of my car in plenty of detail (only issues - two small scratches they buffed out) but not actually leave. I guess this went higher than they'd ever seen before until someone high up in Tesla management approved me taking delivery of the car. I believe that if it wasn't end of the quarter I would've gone home without my shiny red Model 3.

Your TL;DR is to take my advice: confirm with both your bank and Tesla ahead of time that everything is finalized. If you don't, you may end up disappointed.