Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Make the audio volume not decrease when the door opens.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sort of related, my 1997 pickup truck had a feature where you could choose how much the radio volume increased and decreased with changes in speed. Was awesome for listening to the radio with the windows down. In my model 3 I feel like every time I come to a stop the music is too loud because I had turned it up to the volume that sounded good while I was driving.

EDIT: So I did a search and apparently there were already a few threads about this topic (Speed Sensitive Volume Control). Looks like it used to be a feature and Tesla took it out because they did such a poor job with it. Sorry to clutter your thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: AC2DC
Upvote 0
Sort of related, my 1997 pickup truck had a feature where you could choose how much the radio volume increased and decreased with changes in speed. Was awesome for listening to the radio with the windows down. In my model 3 I feel like every time I come to a stop the music is too loud because I had turned it up to the volume that sounded good while I was driving.

EDIT: So I did a search and apparently there were already a few threads about this topic (Speed Sensitive Volume Control). Looks like it used to be a feature and Tesla took it out because they did such a poor job with it. Sorry to clutter your thread.
Note that according to those threads, they removed the toggle, but instead made it permanently on, although perhaps making the effect more subtle.

Why no Dynamic Speed Sensitive Volume Control???

Upvote 0
Note that according to those threads, they removed the toggle, but instead made it permanently on, although perhaps making the effect more subtle.

Why no Dynamic Speed Sensitive Volume Control???
In one of the threads someone used a consistent white noise and a sound meter to determine the effect was removed completely. There was no difference in sound level produced at different speeds. This is what I anecdotally observe in my '21 M3P as well.

Upvote 0
It's when you open the door... which automatically puts the car in P, if it wasn't already there. You cannot have a door open, and not in P ;). I absolutely hate that stupid 'feature'. Why did Tesla need to do that? I'd like to hear their logic. It's just stupid. Wish they would disable that in a future software update.
It's to stop your car from rolling away. Which has happened to people and is dangerous.

Upvote 0
Anyone find an answer to this? I dislike the volume lowering automatically because my kids can’t hear what they are listening to while I’m puttering about outside the car or organizing things. Every time I hear a scream from back saying “I can’t hear my story!!!!!” And for a mom, one less detail to deal with is very appreciated even if it’s as simple as rolling the dial back up after exit.

Reactions: DL_Mike
Upvote 0
Anyone find an answer to this? I dislike the volume lowering automatically because my kids can’t hear what they are listening to while I’m puttering about outside the car or organizing things. Every time I hear a scream from back saying “I can’t hear my story!!!!!” And for a mom, one less detail to deal with is very appreciated even if it’s as simple as rolling the dial back up after exit.
Open the app on your phone and turn the volume up that way.

Upvote 0