Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Make the audio volume not decrease when the door opens.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's when you open the door... which automatically puts the car in P, if it wasn't already there. You cannot have a door open, and not in P ;). I absolutely hate that stupid 'feature'. Why did Tesla need to do that? I'd like to hear their logic. It's just stupid. Wish they would disable that in a future software update.

• Disagree
Reactions: FJ60LC and Gasaraki
Upvote 0
It's when you open the door... which automatically puts the car in P, if it wasn't already there. You cannot have a door open, and not in P ;). I absolutely hate that stupid 'feature'. Why did Tesla need to do that? I'd like to hear their logic. It's just stupid. Wish they would disable that in a future software update.

I actually like it quite a bit. Don't need the radio left blaring when I exit the car. Sometimes I even turn it down manually an additional amount.

Tim

Upvote 0
What's the stupid feature? The volume going down or the fact it puts the car in P when you open a door? Personally I could care less about the volume going down automatically as it takes one brain cell and one second to raise it again. As for automatically going into P when a door opens...that's just common sense!

Reactions: Jeff Davlt
Upvote 0

I haven't run into a scenario yet where I needed to drive the car with the door open. It is just a safety feature. I just saw a recent news story about a college student that was killed, and this feature would have prevented it. She was paying at a parking garage and dropped something. Opened the door to lean out and apparently in the process let off the brake. The car crept forward, the door came in contact with some object and was pushed closed killing her.

On the topic of the music muting, I'm a big fan of this feature. Especially since the music automatically starts back up when you get in the car - it's a nice reminder you have music playing and an opportunity to pause it (like if you're having a conversation or on a call).

Reactions: Ron_M3
Upvote 0

So Tesla drivers do not do that stupid “In My Feelings” challenge?

Upvote 0