Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Make this my las gas fill up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks Rocket. I also brought the scam add to her attention and she said she has reported it to Craigs its several times and they still have to taken the adds down.

Got my fingers crossed that everything goes well with the inspection on tuesday morning. Now I just have to order a high power walk charger.

Reactions: JPUConn
There it is
Thanks Rocket. I also brought the scam add to her attention and she said she has reported it to Craigs its several times and they still have to taken the adds down.

Got my fingers crossed that everything goes well with the inspection on tuesday morning. Now I just have to order a high power walk charger.
There it is again. Brand new Ebay listing. There is something very strange going on if you still have plans to buy this car. She keeps listing it everywhere with "buy it now".
2015 Tesla Model S 85D | eBay

It's possible the eBay listing isn't the actual seller and just a scammer who took the pictures from original listing and tried to match everything like the original post (like location and price). I've seen this a lot, esp on Craigslist.

It seems harder to defraud a buyer on eBay because of the information that in order to create an account and post. On top of that, there's the additional step of getting paid via Paypal. eBay offers buyer protection so I assume they would be aggressive in going after scammers.

It's possible the seller is just covering herself until the car is actually sold, or maybe eBay even auto-relisted. Even so, it's not a good look. Makes everything seem fishy unnecessarily.

FWIW, the phone number on the Autotrader and latest Craigslist ad match up, so that's worth something. And the eBay seller has a relatively strong feedback score (74) and has been a member for 3 years. Scammers don't usually go through that much trouble.

Buyer is probably OK, but I'd still be slightly cautious!

She needs to close the auction if the vehicle has been purchased it needs to be marked no longer available .I have seen the listing for a while on there also .Ebay does not automatically relist items the seller has to do it themselves .As far as going after scammers the buyer has buyer protection from paypal.

Suddenly my quest to buy a Tesla MS 85D seems like its not meant to be........... The MS 85D I put a deposit on went to the Tesla shop for inspection yesterday and received results today. Turns out the car has about 12 small dents and scratches that were not reported to me or identified in the ad. ALSO, no mart suspension s listed in the ad. Based on the numerous undisclosed surprises, decided to pull the plug. I will patiently wait until more MS 85D's hit the CPO inventory at my price range.

Dang, sorry to hear that. It's unfortunate, but that seems to fit the seller's other shady behavior (like keeping up the other ads while this sale was pending). She probably knew what was going to happen with the inspection and was just hoping to slip it through.

Sorry but good you found out about the problems with the car beforehand.When I looked at that ad on ebay the car looked like the wheels were curbed.Hope you find another one.Mine is getting a new windshield put in it by Tesla and as soon as that is done it will be shipped to me.Good luck.