Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Make this my las gas fill up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Toppatop55

~Life Is Good~
Feb 25, 2018
Connecticut
looking for help finding a nice MS in an configuration as long as it’s a D. My only other restriction is that it has to be under 52K. Money in hand and ready to make the gas I just put in my Audi the last gas purchase I make. I’ve been looking for two months and now I’m asking for help. Thanks

FWIW, I don't think that price point is realistic for what you're looking for...good luck though.

That's preposterous! lol
He can absolutely find a MS (D) at 52k.

OP, you need to limit your search to the Tesla Model S 60D and 70D (I've owned both in the past. they're both excellent).
Here's an ebay listing of a 70D going for 50k.
2015 Tesla Model S 70D Autopilot | eBay

Also OP, there's a Teslas for sale by owner group on Facebook that you can join; you'll find deals on there left and right.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: JPUConn
That's preposterous! lol
He can absolutely find a MS (D) at 52k.

OP, you need to limit your search to the Tesla Model S 60D and 70D (I've owned both in the past. they're both excellent).
Here's an ebay listing of a 70D going for 50k.
2015 Tesla Model S 70D Autopilot | eBay

Also OP, there's a Teslas for sale by owner group on Facebook that you can join; you'll find deals on there left and right.
Good luck.

Guilty as charged, I had (mis)-read that OP was looking for an 85 pack...but hey, I did say "good luck" and I wasn't being sarcastic though :)

Awesome news!! So I think I found my new MS85D. Check it out here

2015 Tesla Model S 85D W/Autopilot & Free Supercharging

Found it on Craig’s list in California. Original owner and a very nice woman. The problem now is how do we conduct the transaction without flying to California. I’m not willing to wire 58K without any protection and she’s doesn’t feel comfortable shipping me the car without payment. PLEASE!!! Any ideas? I would like to get it done tomorrow so the car can be shipped by Monday.

Found it on Craig’s list in California. Original owner and a very nice woman. The problem now is how do we conduct the transaction without flying to California. I’m not willing to wire 58K without any protection and she’s doesn’t feel comfortable shipping me the car without payment. PLEASE!!! Any ideas? I would like to get it done tomorrow so the car can be shipped by Monday.
Maybe a super nice member on here in the area could assist. Lot to ask but you never know.

Reactions: dhrivnak
Wonder if a business case could be made for Carmax to act as a broker/escrow in cases like this.

Remote seller would take vehicle to local Carmax who would survey the vehicle and forward the report to the buyer.

If acceptable, the buyer would wire the funds to Carmax who would arrange shipping to the buyer and payment to the seller.

Millions of these transactions could be facilitated.

Would require some fees, but simplify long distance transactions.

Reactions: gigglehertz

One warning about this one. The price seems fine, but I really don't like the mileage on it. 49,xxx. If you are planning on purchasing the Extended Service Agreement (ESA) on this car, it could be tricky. The car has to be registered in your MyTesla account before purchasing the ESA. If you are financing the car, you will need the right paperwork (title or registration in your name) for Tesla to switch the car over. I purchased from a private party, and it took me 6 weeks or so before it was in my name (making it possible to purchase the ESA). Being so close to 50,000 miles, you would have to drive VERY lightly while you wait for it to be in your name. Tesla wouldn't budge on my multiple requests to call the seller to confirm the sale. You might have much better luck than me, just figured I would share this.

One other quick thought.....it sounds like you are at at $58K for the silver car in CA. If you are planning on purchasing the 4-year ESA (4,750), that puts this car at $62,750. You'll have transportation on top of that (maybe $1K)? By this point, you aren't too far off a brand new 75D after you factor in the $7500 fed credit.

Reactions: Amit519