Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Make this my las gas fill up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know the best insurance for a Tesla vehicle? My insurance wants more than I paye for all my other three cars

I had Mapfre and they stopped writing for Tesla and had to shop around a few months ago. My agent was great and got me quotes with many providers but an a considerable increase (3-4x) from what I was paying before ($800/yr for high coverage). Usaa was also very high for Tesla. Ended up with AAA and paying less than I did with Mapfre.

Awesome news!! So I think I found my new MS85D. Check it out here

2015 Tesla Model S 85D W/Autopilot & Free Supercharging

Found it on Craig’s list in California. Original owner and a very nice woman. The problem now is how do we conduct the transaction without flying to California. I’m not willing to wire 58K without any protection and she’s doesn’t feel comfortable shipping me the car without payment. PLEASE!!! Any ideas? I would like to get it done tomorrow so the car can be shipped by Monday.

Be careful of the scammers. Are they deployed on a military assignment and need a quick sale? Are they using eBay as a transaction intermediary?

there are companies you can hire to look at and review the car's condition but i am not sure if they do anything financially... I bought mine in LA... flew into LA, made the deal at the bank and drove back to LV... there is no better way to get acquainted with your car than a nice long road trip LOL

Also for me i would want to lay eyes on a car I was paying 60K for

Reactions: Brutaka
So..... I put a deposit on the car payed for shipping and waiting for inspection by teal on Tuesday then ship Wednesday. The lady was nice enough to face time me and show me the whole car. She had the MS85D and. P100D insane. She even put the wheels and tire from the 100D on the MS85D. They look so much better.

Reactions: Don TLR and JPUConn
I have made arrangement for the seller to purchase the ESA once the vehicle arrives here in Connecticut. I'm thinking of getting the two year plan for now, bt i wailed like to know, how many times can the ESA be extended or purchased???

I have made arrangement for the seller to purchase the ESA once the vehicle arrives here in Connecticut. I'm thinking of getting the two year plan for now, bt i wailed like to know, how many times can the ESA be extended or purchased???

Once.

What is the eligible purchase period for Tesla Extended Service Agreements, and what do they cover?
You may purchase the Extended Service Agreement no later than 30 days or 1,000 miles (1,600 km), whichever comes first, past the expiration of your New Vehicle Limited Warranty. The Extended Service Agreement covers the repair or replacement necessary to correct defects in the materials or workmanship of most parts manufactured or supplied by Tesla during the coverage period, excluding the vehicle’s lithium-ion battery and drive unit, which have their own separate warranty.

• Informative
Reactions: JPUConn
thanks, so i can keep buying the ESA until it stops running from old age? I wanted the two year now and then depending of its use, I would purchase it again at the end of that two year. is this correct?
No. You may purchase the Extended Service Agreement no later than 30 days or 1,000 miles (1,600 km), whichever comes first, past the expiration of your New Vehicle Limited Warranty (New Vehicle Limited Warranty is 4 years, or 50K miles, whichever comes first).

Link: Vehicle Warranty | Model S and Model X

Last edited:
So..... I put a deposit on the car payed for shipping and waiting for inspection by teal on Tuesday then ship Wednesday. The lady was nice enough to face time me and show me the whole car. She had the MS85D and. P100D insane. She even put the wheels and tire from the 100D on the MS85D. They look so much better.

Awesome! I’m a big fan of the Slipstreams as well. You may want to confirm the tires from th P100D as they may come with a performance summer tire vs all season tire:

Hope to cross paths in CT!

Congratulations and hopefully not a red flag that it's still listed on eBay? Maybe there's just a delay in getting the ad down.
I'm also in CT (North central) and would also hope to cross paths as I'm looking for basically the same car for our winters. Would appreciate hearing your experiences with shipping. I also recommend Progressive as they were very reasonable as far as the quote at least; I haven't found my car yet.

Seemed a bit fishy to me also that there was also a couple different Craigslist adds for it. I quickly texted the owner just now asking if it is still available to see is she acts like it is still available but she said there was already a deposit on it. Looks like Toppatop55 is fine and got a great car. Congrats