Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Making adapters/extension cords? Free 10/3 SOOW cord

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tga

Supporting Member
Apr 8, 2014
New Hampshire
Help me clean out my garage. I have an old 60+ foot marine 30A/120V ship-to-shore power cable taking up most of a shelf, and I want it gone. My aunt and uncle gave it to me when they sold their boat, but I have no use for it.

This appears to be standard 10/3 SOOW cord, but it is old and well used, and most of the printed markings on the cord are worn off. I can recognize "oil resistant", but that's about it. There are marine 30A/120V twist locks on either end. I measured the cable diameter with a caliper, and it is the same as some 10/3 SOOW that I already have. I opened up the plug, and it looks like 10ga conductors.

Take as much or as little as you like. Make sure you understand what you are doing - I take no responsibility if you electrocute yourself, blow up your car, or burn down your house!

I am near Marlboro, MA. I will give preference to anyone who is willing to pick up, because (a) I want a ride in your car, and (b) I don't really want to ship it.

Greg