TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Making it official - getting your # at the store

Discussion in 'Model S' started by SCW-Greg, Jul 21, 2012.

1. SCW-Greg

SCW-Greg Active Member

So some of you know, that I've been following Elon on this car since 2008/09, and I'm a recent TMC junkie, and some of you are/were surprised that I'm *not* a reservation holder.

In fact, I have to give a big shout-out to AndyM for having me as his guest at Thursday night's private opening for Reservation holders. I was, I believe, the only person there that night who was not a reservation holder. And while I got razzed by Troy and George B a bit, everyone was absolutely great. I had a blast. Sitting in the car, even parked, is amazing.

And another shout-out to Dave for allowing me to be his rider tomorrow.

Well yesterday on the 90 minute long drive down to Silverton and back (would have been great to have the S for that), my wife started asking questions about the Model S. I tried to educate her without overwhelming her. Of course I've been talking about this car off-and-on a fair amount over the last 6 months too. But I took that as a queue.

So today we came down with our kids... and some how quickly bought a $5,024.00 Tesla hat! Oh, and they gave me P# 10,608!

IMG_1329m.jpg

Welcome!
    IMG_1328m.jpg

IMG_1331m.jpg

And then Troy got my wife and I, a drive an hour later (and his schedule was full)
    Dave was in the area, so I reciprocated, and gave him a ride with us today...
    IMG_1326m.jpg

And look what I got for "free" from the Tesla folks. Of course Troy got one each for the kids too. It will be for the mail and house keys, the fob won't need it...
    IMG_1330m.jpg

Today's drive was nothing short of beyond my wildest expectations. The car should never be judged until you've had the chance to drive it. Everyone is talking about the "Tesla Smile" It's real.

Big hats of to everyone at the Washington Square Tesla store - for a simply fantastic experience.

George, you are a genuinely gracious man, positively fun to hang out with, and I loved hearing about how you got your job. You have crafted a great experience here. Thanks Maria, I wanted your job, to get closer to the car, but the car is coming, I'll let you have it. Troy, you rock! And thanks to my wife for joining me.

Andy, Dennis, and Dave... let's get that PDX club going now!

:)

2. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Congrats!

3. SCW-Greg

SCW-Greg Active Member

View attachment 8064

The exact car i would love to have, Black Performance, tan interior, CF dash, all the bells and whistles. I'll likely scale back my particular model a bit. ;)

4. ddruz

ddruz Member

Way to go SCW-Greg! Well done.

5. Congrats, I am kinda jealous I never got all that stuff! I didn't even know they gave out a card & keychain, and a personalized letter, after you reserve.

6. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Congrats. Great story.

7. ckessel

ckessel Active Member

I'm envious, I've never gotten any swag :(. Maybe tomorrow at my test drive.

8. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Me too. Maybe they can deliver my reservation certificate with my car:smile:

9. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

That reservation card is cool! Congratulations.

10. smorgasbord

smorgasbord Active Member

Um, he paid $5,024, so I assume the $24 was for the hat.

11. dflye

dflye S Sig Perf 414, VIN 814

Congrats to the OP as well!

Apparently the online vs in person reservation process is a bit out of synch?

Although I can't complain too much, we drove a few hundred miles to visit the DC showroom to make our final interior / exterior selections, and son got a Hot Wheels car (a Roadster since they don't have Model S (yet?)), so I can't say I have nothing to show for the 40k deposit after a year-long wait. :tongue:

12. Vger

Vger Active Member

Great story! Welcome to the "family"!

13. Francis Lau

Francis Lau P-1456

Didn't everyone received Tesla gifts throughout the years while waiting? I reserved Dec 5th 2009 and periodically, I received little surprises via Fedex. I received a coffee mug, a ball cap, a remote controlled Tesla Roaster and a T-Shirt. There may have been others but I don't remember. I am sure if you are a long time reservation holder, you received those. Right?

14. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

I reserved in late 2011. Got the keyring. Nothing else to date.

Just a data point.

15. ckessel

ckessel Active Member

No, I think they stopped that at some point or didn't give it to newer reservation holders. I reserved Jan 11, 2011 (P2840) and haven't ever gotten anything. I don't suppose I really assumed I'd get anything, but I am a little envious of those who have.

16. dflye

dflye S Sig Perf 414, VIN 814

Reserved middle of 2011, nothing but a few emails to show for it...

But let me reiterate, I'm not complaining about lack of freebies, I just find it amusing the differences in how Tesla sends promotional material to the folks in line.

Kind of like their web site, slow, rusty, like that antiquated relative that you don't really expect to send you a card on your birthday.

17. SigS905

SigS905 Sig S 905 + X 5

Never got a letter. Went to the Fashion Island store after on line upgrade and requested certificate for my Model S Signature Reservation Certificate, got a key chain for both my wife and me. Got a red plastic replica car from the factory test ride event last October.

18. pilotSteve

pilotSteve Member

I only got two things: first a HotWheels Roadster from Bellevue when I told them I was a reservation holder, and a white plastic Model-S produced on on of the Freemont plastic prototyping machines while there for the October 2011 event.

Since I'm configured as Sig Red, should I paint my model or leave it white? :)

19. MikeK

MikeK R#129, TSLA shareholder

Congratulations on your new reservation! That's great. I'm glad it worked out so well for you with being able to take a drive right away and everything.

20. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

For some reason I thought the last picture on the marble surface was going to be of a wedding ring.