Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Making it official - getting your # at the store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So some of you know, that I've been following Elon on this car since 2008/09, and I'm a recent TMC junkie, and some of you are/were surprised that I'm *not* a reservation holder.

In fact, I have to give a big shout-out to AndyM for having me as his guest at Thursday night's private opening for Reservation holders. I was, I believe, the only person there that night who was not a reservation holder. And while I got razzed by Troy and George B a bit, everyone was absolutely great. I had a blast. Sitting in the car, even parked, is amazing.

And another shout-out to Dave for allowing me to be his rider tomorrow.

Well yesterday on the 90 minute long drive down to Silverton and back (would have been great to have the S for that), my wife started asking questions about the Model S. I tried to educate her without overwhelming her. Of course I've been talking about this car off-and-on a fair amount over the last 6 months too. But I took that as a queue.

So today we came down with our kids... and some how quickly bought a $5,024.00 Tesla hat! Oh, and they gave me P# 10,608!

IMG_1329m.jpg

Welcome!
IMG_1328m.jpg

IMG_1331m.jpg

And then Troy got my wife and I, a drive an hour later (and his schedule was full)
Dave was in the area, so I reciprocated, and gave him a ride with us today...
IMG_1326m.jpg

And look what I got for "free" from the Tesla folks. Of course Troy got one each for the kids too. It will be for the mail and house keys, the fob won't need it...
IMG_1330m.jpg

Today's drive was nothing short of beyond my wildest expectations. The car should never be judged until you've had the chance to drive it. Everyone is talking about the "Tesla Smile" It's real.

Big hats of to everyone at the Washington Square Tesla store - for a simply fantastic experience.

George, you are a genuinely gracious man, positively fun to hang out with, and I loved hearing about how you got your job. You have crafted a great experience here. Thanks Maria, I wanted your job, to get closer to the car, but the car is coming, I'll let you have it. Troy, you rock! And thanks to my wife for joining me.

Andy, Dennis, and Dave... let's get that PDX club going now!

:)

So some of you know, that I've been following Elon on this car since 2008/09, and I'm a recent TMC junkie, and some of you are/were surprised that I'm *not* a reservation holder.

In fact, I have to give a big shout-out to AndyM for having me as his guest at Thursday night's private opening for Reservation holders. I was, I believe, the only person there that night who was not a reservation holder. And while I got razzed by Troy and George B a bit, everyone was absolutely great. I had a blast. Sitting in the car, even parked, is amazing.

And another shout-out to Dave for allowing me to be his rider tomorrow.

Well yesterday on the 90 minute long drive down to Silverton and back (would have been great to have the S for that), my wife started asking questions about the Model S. I tried to educate her without overwhelming her. Of course I've been talking about this car off-and-on a fair amount over the last 6 months too. But I took that as a queue.

So today we came down with our kids... and some how quickly bought a $5,024.00 Tesla hat! Oh, and they gave me P# 10,608!

View attachment 8052

Welcome!
View attachment 8053

View attachment 8056

And then Troy got my wife and I, a drive an hour later (and his schedule was full)
Dave was in the area, so I reciprocated, and gave him a ride with us today...
View attachment 8054

And look what I got for "free" from the Tesla folks. Of course Troy got one each for the kids too. It will be for the mail and house keys, the fob won't need it...
View attachment 8055

Today's drive was nothing short of beyond my wildest expectations. The car should never be judged until you've had the chance to drive it. Everyone is talking about the "Tesla Smile" It's real.

Big hats of to everyone at the Washington Square Tesla store - for a simply fantastic experience.

George, you are a genuinely gracious man, positively fun to hang out with, and I loved hearing about how you got your job. You have crafted a great experience here. Thanks Maria, I wanted your job, to get closer to the car, but the car is coming, I'll let you have it. Troy, you rock! And thanks to my wife for joining me.

Andy, Dennis, and Dave... let's get that PDX club going now!

:)

Congrats, I am kinda jealous I never got all that stuff! I didn't even know they gave out a card & keychain, and a personalized letter, after you reserve.

Congrats, I am kinda jealous I never got all that stuff! I didn't even know they gave out a card & keychain, and a personalized letter, after you reserve.

Congrats to the OP as well!

Apparently the online vs in person reservation process is a bit out of synch?

Although I can't complain too much, we drove a few hundred miles to visit the DC showroom to make our final interior / exterior selections, and son got a Hot Wheels car (a Roadster since they don't have Model S (yet?)), so I can't say I have nothing to show for the 40k deposit after a year-long wait. :tongue:

Didn't everyone received Tesla gifts throughout the years while waiting? I reserved Dec 5th 2009 and periodically, I received little surprises via Fedex. I received a coffee mug, a ball cap, a remote controlled Tesla Roaster and a T-Shirt. There may have been others but I don't remember. I am sure if you are a long time reservation holder, you received those. Right?

Didn't everyone received Tesla gifts throughout the years while waiting? I reserved Dec 5th 2009 and periodically, I received little surprises via Fedex. I received a coffee mug, a ball cap, a remote controlled Tesla Roaster and a T-Shirt. There may have been others but I don't remember. I am sure if you are a long time reservation holder, you received those. Right?

No, I think they stopped that at some point or didn't give it to newer reservation holders. I reserved Jan 11, 2011 (P2840) and haven't ever gotten anything. I don't suppose I really assumed I'd get anything, but I am a little envious of those who have.

I reserved in late 2011. Got the keyring. Nothing else to date.

Just a data point.

Reserved middle of 2011, nothing but a few emails to show for it...

But let me reiterate, I'm not complaining about lack of freebies, I just find it amusing the differences in how Tesla sends promotional material to the folks in line.

Kind of like their web site, slow, rusty, like that antiquated relative that you don't really expect to send you a card on your birthday.

Never got a letter. Went to the Fashion Island store after on line upgrade and requested certificate for my Model S Signature Reservation Certificate, got a key chain for both my wife and me. Got a red plastic replica car from the factory test ride event last October.

Never got a letter. Went to the Fashion Island store after on line upgrade and requested certificate for my Model S Signature Reservation Certificate, got a key chain for both my wife and me. Got a red plastic replica car from the factory test ride event last October.

I only got two things: first a HotWheels Roadster from Bellevue when I told them I was a reservation holder, and a white plastic Model-S produced on on of the Freemont plastic prototyping machines while there for the October 2011 event.

Since I'm configured as Sig Red, should I paint my model or leave it white? :)