Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Making Payments to Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick question about making payment to Tesla ahead of collecting my car in a couple of weeks.

In the U.K., is it an international payment that we have to make, ie using the IBAN code detailed in the Tesla account page, or is it a normal U.K. account to U.K. account bank transfer?

I only ask as the bank account I have has a different procedure for making international payments as opposed to U.K. ones. Also whenever I’ve made international payments it always seems to take at least 5 working days as opposed to “same day transfer” that I get if making the payment to a UK account.

I want to avoid being late with the payment and being told I can’t have the car as the funds haven’t been received....and intuitively want to hold on to my cash as long as is practical.

Hopefully it’s not an international payment as for some reason these seem to be more difficult to make - to the extent that last time I did it I complained about the process (they did send me £100 compensation which I hadn’t asked for but was more letting them know users found the system very hard to follow)

I think I used a normal bank transfer. Someone on here had the excellent idea of sending a couple of quid to the bank details first to see if the amount was reduced accordingly to double check it was the right account. I've head horror stories of money being transferred to the wrong accounts and it being a nightmare to try to get back

Reactions: Fat Wolfie
Kids today.. in my day (last year) you had to hunt through the source code of the order page to find out whether your money had actually arrived or not.

None of this fancy-schmancy "show up as a payment on your Tesla account page"...

I’ve been reducing my balance ahead of collection next Saturday from three separate accounts. I made a small test payment on two of them and confirmed the monies came off, however today (Saturday) made another payment of £10k and it hasn’t appeared on the Tesla account. Does anyone have knowledge of banking, is it likely that it takes longer to show because it’s a weekend? (Can’t imagine why though) so frustrating sitting in the twighlight zone waiting to confirm that the money has gone to the correct account.

I’ve been reducing my balance ahead of collection next Saturday from three separate accounts. I made a small test payment on two of them and confirmed the monies came off, however today (Saturday) made another payment of £10k and it hasn’t appeared on the Tesla account. Does anyone have knowledge of banking, is it likely that it takes longer to show because it’s a weekend? (Can’t imagine why though) so frustrating sitting in the twighlight zone waiting to confirm that the money has gone to the correct account.
It is likely you'll have to wait till Monday for the transaction to show.

It is likely you'll have to wait till Monday for the transaction to show.
Yes thanks. Just called Tesla apparently the team put them through manually. Can anyone recall did you also have to send in receipts of these payments to [email protected]?

I thought it was just the proof of final the payment we had to send by email to that address. The Tesla advisor just said each payment. Now confused.

I just did a screenshot of the bank transaction from my online bank statement and sent it to Tesla at the email address as an attachment. As they asked, they are asking you to show all the separate transactions to make up the total. It will show in your tesla account in any case so I would't worry too much!

I just did a screenshot of the bank transaction from my online bank statement and sent it to Tesla at the email address as an attachment. As they asked, they are asking you to show all the separate transactions to make up the total. It will show in your tesla account in any case so I would't worry too much!
Thanks yes I’ve just emailed receipts for the individual transactions to the deliveryGB address. You’d think if they can see it off the account there’s no need to send them your receipts, still what do I know. I just want a new car :)

One week to go. Woo hoo.

Thanks yes I’ve just emailed receipts for the individual transactions to the deliveryGB address. You’d think if they can see it off the account there’s no need to send them your receipts, still what do I know. I just want a new car :)

One week to go. Woo hoo.
Process may have changed since I got mine, but when I collected mine they could see my payments and didn't ask for anything from me.

Reactions: skateboarder