Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Making sense of Climate Science Denial edX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the end you're not 'paying' for anything. You're making an investment in your future. Our society needs to come to the realization that burdening future generations with our ignorance is simply not acceptable. The shift to renewables is inevitable anyway.... there is little benefit and MUCH risk in procrastinating.

True, but my conservative co-workers say, "I don't care about the environment or the future because it won't affect me. If it's not going to happen within a few years." ("few" varies, but the longest I've heard is 30) And, yes they are all married with children. I guess they expect their children to clean up the mess.

True, but my conservative co-workers say, "I don't care about the environment or the future because it won't affect me. If it's not going to happen within a few years." ("few" varies, but the longest I've heard is 30) And, yes they are all married with children. I guess they expect their children to clean up the mess.

That's actually quite sad.....you should tell them to stand in front of their children and say that to their faces.

Regarding climate models, here's the best video I've yet come across that discusses the models and what they mean:

Gavin Schmidt: The emergent patterns of climate change - YouTube

A side thought: Humans that don't care beyond their own life are a danger to the species. Part of the successful evolution of our species relies on ever broadening our vision and comprehension in both time and space. Caring beyond ones own life span is part of that.

Last edited: