Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Making Sentry Mode even better

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sentry Mode rocks...and I'm sure it will get better and better over time. But for now, I see a simple fix/enhancement: Send me a notification to my phone when Sentry Mode starts SAVING DATA to the USB drive.
I know I get a notification if/when the actual alarm is triggered...but that's almost too late.
A notification when Sentry Mode initiates saving data to the USB would be awesome. Then I'd know "...something is going on..."

Agree?

Reactions: Blastphemy
Do you have the properly formatted (FAT32) USB plugged in with the required TeslaCam folder?
If so, the 'Hal screen' only comes on when motion is detected around the car. Walk close to the car...around the front and the two side repeater cameras. The screen should be activated...at which point recording is started to the USB.

It will activate and go to Alert State if someone else gets too close to the car, while the car is locked. To become "someone else" (to prevent unlocking the car) put your phone to Airplane mode or leave it (and the keyfob) at home. :)

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
When I get in the car and see "2 Sentry Mode events," it sure would be nice to be able to view them right there in the car! If there's a way to do this, I haven't figured it out.

If something happens to the car and I want to show the cops the video, there doesn't appear to be any way to do that right now. So playing Dash Cam and Sentry video right on the main screen would be a very helpful enhancement.

If you have an Iphone, the "Stats: For Tesla Model S/X/3" app will turn it on every time you park, UNLESS you exclude a location using geolocation. Works well. Very convenient. And a great app! Does lots of other things too. And always getting better.