Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Malfunctioning Pano Roof

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I attempted to open it. It did so while making an unexpected metal against metal sound just above my head on the driver's side. I was able to close it, but now when I try to open it, it goes back about four inches and stops. Air screen does not come up on the driver's side, and I am getting no response from Tesla Service about when this will be repaired.

Have others experiences this? Would appreciate help because Tesla is not responding.

I attempted to open it. It did so while making an unexpected metal against metal sound just above my head on the driver's side. I was able to close it, but now when I try to open it, it goes back about four inches and stops. Air screen does not come up on the driver's side, and I am getting no response from Tesla Service about when this will be repaired.

Have others experiences this? Would appreciate help because Tesla is not responding.

IS IT: no response from Tesla Service about when this will be repaired or Tesla is not responding.

My pano windscreen broke, plastic arm one side just snapped off. Called local service today and got an appt. for next Tuesday. Otherwise the car is just about perfect.

So, a ranger will be in southeast va next Tuesday. Maybe he can fix yours on the same trip. Call Rockville service 301.738.6523. Call back if no answer. I got no response when the call was forwarded to corporate.

By the way... Need to start a southeast VA Tesla/EV club! :)

Actually, called Rockville again yesterday and reached Nathan. He said he had a service call on the Peninsula next week, and scheduled me for Tuesday. Thank you very much!

There is a Hampton Roads Owners Group. Check the line up. I think there are only four of us, but it's a start.

My pano windscreen broke, plastic arm one side just snapped off. Called local service today and got an appt. for next Tuesday. Otherwise the car is just about perfect.

So, a ranger will be in southeast va next Tuesday. Maybe he can fix yours on the same trip. Call Rockville service 301.738.6523. Call back if no answer. I got no response when the call was forwarded to corporate.

By the way... Need to start a southeast VA Tesla/EV club! :)

Same thing happened to me yesterday when I was opening the roof. It made a frightening sound -- I thought the glass had cracked but it was just the driver's side plastic arm. I'm surprised the arm is made of plastic. Rockville was closed but hopefully I'll get a response tomorrow. I have a contract for ranger service and this will be my first time using it.

One more owner in the Hampton Roads Group as of this morning. Unfortunately, our new Model S will have to go to the Rockville Service Center for a few corrections -- mainly the leather tear in the passenger seat revealed when the plastic was removed. Not discouraged, though, we know Tesla will get it fixed and we still love this beautiful car.

Edmunds is experiencing quite a few problems with their amazing new car… Tesla should be embarassed.

Parts of cars break sometimes. That's what warranties are for. The sky is not falling. Edmunds is reporting I the general quality of a representative car to aid buyers in what to expect. If they have build quality issues they should report it, but I'm sure similar things have happened on other cars they've driven and you probably never hear about it because it gets fixed under warranty and no more problem.

Parts of cars break sometimes. That's what warranties are for. The sky is not falling. Edmunds is reporting I the general quality of a representative car to aid buyers in what to expect. If they have build quality issues they should report it, but I'm sure similar things have happened on other cars they've driven and you probably never hear about it because it gets fixed under warranty and no more problem.

You're right. I suppose given that this car is a first of its kind, the sorts of issues being reported are rather minor when you think about it. The only issue I feel is really important to resolve is the heat @ rear jump seats that some have been reporting. That's a safety/health issue that I'm sure Tesla is in the process of addressing. Also, didn't Edmund's take delivery of an earlier VIN? A lot of these issues have already been ironed out in production.

Hi
I've had perhaps the same problem. Last month, my P85 pano roof broke and got stuck between 10-20% open and would not shut. The Tesla dealer has had the car at the shop for approximately 3 weeks now, they say its a broken bracket, but they can't get a replacement part for it. The car is useless if you can not close it or seal it from rain. In another week, California lemon laws will kick in at least. I hope your getting a faster resolution regarding your pano roof repair.

Hi
I've had perhaps the same problem. Last month, my P85 pano roof broke and got stuck between 10-20% open and would not shut. The Tesla dealer has had the car at the shop for approximately 3 weeks now, they say its a broken bracket, but they can't get a replacement part for it. The car is useless if you can not close it or seal it from rain. In another week, California lemon laws will kick in at least. I hope your getting a faster resolution regarding your pano roof repair.

Dealer != Service Center. No such thing as a Tesla dealer. With all the legal challenges, words matter!