Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Manchester to Belgium & Manchester to Plymouth

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Tesla was delivered yesterday and I've got a couple of longer journeys planned.

How you plan
Manchester to Plymouth, and
Manchester to Brussels?

I think for both I would use the Supercharger in Birmingham, but I'm stuck for ideas after that.

Ive got an Ecotricity card, and I registered for CYC today.

Thoughts?

My Tesla was delivered yesterday and I've got a couple of longer journeys planned.

How you plan
Manchester to Brussels?

I think for both I would use the Supercharger in Birmingham, but I'm stuck for ideas after that.

Ive got an Ecotricity card, and I registered for CYC today.

Thoughts?

I don't want to end up like this poor soul who had to return from Calais ...

Failed Electric Car Trip Shows the Two Very Different Sides of EV Charging in Europe

How you plan
Manchester to Brussels?

Surely for Manchester-Brussels you would charge in:

(1) Birmingham (approx 100 miles)
(2) Canary Wharf or Royal Victoria Docks in London (would have to time this correct to avoid traffic....) (approx 120 miles)
(3) Nivelles in Belgium after travelling via Folkstone through the Chunnel.

This last leg is 65 miles in the UK and 136 miles in France/Belgium, so you would need at least 80% charge before leaving London.

Nivelles is only 20 miles from Brussels.

For Plymouth, you would need to charge at the Michaelwood Ecotricity charger using a type 2 connector. As far as I can tell, people seem to think the Ecotricity station reliability is now acceptable, but perhaps you could try it and let us know.....

Did you buy dual onboard chargers, or single??

Surely for Manchester-Brussels you would charge in:

(1) Birmingham (approx 100 miles)
(2) Canary Wharf or Royal Victoria Docks in London (would have to time this correct to avoid traffic....) (approx 120 miles)
(3) Nivelles in Belgium after travelling via Folkstone through the Chunnel.

This last leg is 65 miles in the UK and 136 miles in France/Belgium, so you would need at least 80% charge before leaving London.

Nivelles is only 20 miles from Brussels.

For Plymouth, you would need to charge at the Michaelwood Ecotricity charger using a type 2 connector. As far as I can tell, people seem to think the Ecotricity station reliability is now acceptable, but perhaps you could try it and let us know.....

Did you buy dual onboard chargers, or single??

thanks Nick. I only went for single which I think was a mistake. The trip to Nivelles is a bit too close for comfort - but I can't see any "fast" chargers near Folkestone or Calais. So I'll have to take it easy on the pedal...