Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Manhattan Parking Garages

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

NicB72

Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2016
Concord, MA
So heading to Manhattan this weekend with the family.
looking for advice on good, safe parking midtown.
If its got charging then thats a bonus but its more important that my beautiful white Model S has somewhere safe.

Any forum members got some advice and hopefully good experience in NYC?

Cheers in advance

Back when there was one supercharger in the east, I would go to Midtown a significant amount.
There was an edison garage i would frequent 50 W 44th St, New York, NY 10036

It may be used a bit more, but every time i went there, the people that parked the cars would move it around as needed so it was charged.

I typically gave them a tip for doing so.

the QuickPark garage at 235 W 56th street is very Tesla Friendly.

So is the garage at Columbus Circle. 333 West 58th Street or 334 West 60th Street (depending on which entrance you use)

Both have a ton of exotic cars parking there all the time so you should not have to worry about the attendants not taking care of your car.

There are a bunch of garages in the upper east side that have tesla wall chargers or other level 1. I would avoid midtown for a variety of reasons including congestion (which is basically everywhere). Most important is you give the guys a nice tip of at least 5-10 on the way in.

Icon parking and quick are usually pretty good. Also check the app SpotHero which can usually provide you with better than expected deals which you can pay for in advance using Apple Pay if you have an iPhone.

Reactions: JPUConn and NicB72
There are a bunch of garages in the upper east side that have tesla wall chargers or other level 1. I would avoid midtown for a variety of reasons including congestion (which is basically everywhere). Most important is you give the guys a nice tip of at least 5-10 on the way in.

Icon parking and quick are usually pretty good. Also check the app SpotHero which can usually provide you with better than expected deals which you can pay for in advance using Apple Pay if you have an iPhone.
Just this past Tuesday, SpotHero pointed me to

NYC Parking 1510 Lex Garage Corp.at 116 E 98th st.

Parked all day for $14. They don't advertise any charging facilities but, once I arrived, there was a sign for Tesla charging. The took my car, plugged it in, and I picked it up a few hours later. Overall a good experience.

Great advice guys. Heading off in a minute and will be getting to NYC after a couple of supercharger stops early evening. I'll fire up SpotHero at lunchtime and make a decision.

I'll report back after the weekend so others can benefit from what I find.

Cheers again

Cool, I ended up using Champion on 53rd near 6th, just behind the Hilton Midtown (where we were staying). Worked out well, car was looked after and they charged it. Was nice getting the notification on my phone that it was starting to charge as I took the short walk back to the hotel.

On pickup they tried to charge me $10 for charging it but I argued that I wasn't told that at drop off and it was resolved.

I noticed they disconnected it when it hit its charge limit, 90%. I was trip charging and I dropped it off at 50%. By sunday I lost about 2% to phantom loss crap.

Overall though I recommend this parking garage, plenty of space at entrance area for drop off and pick up.

So heading to Manhattan this weekend with the family.
looking for advice on good, safe parking midtown.
If its got charging then thats a bonus but its more important that my beautiful white Model S has somewhere safe.

Any forum members got some advice and hopefully good experience in NYC?

Cheers in advance

We go to NYC every Thanksgiving and stay 3 or 4 days (used to live in Manhattan). Drove the Tesla there last year and won’t do it again. I did use one of the online parking apps to reserve a space in a midtown garage days before, whiich I highly recommend. While many garages in midtown do have chargers the cars are packed in like sardines with no margin for error. I decided that I don’t want to take the risk. Plus traffic into the city during the Thanksgiving holiday is a nightmare. So we’ll be taking the train. Less time and far less stress. But given where you live the train might be a problematic option, and you probably have no choice but to drive.

BTW noticed that you’re from Concord. My brother lives there and owns the Toy Shop of Concord. If you have kids no doubt you’ve been there.

Last edited:
I've been super super happy with my monthly spot which is in Columbus Circle. They have two Tesla chargers and take very good care of me and my car. They are technically under the time warner center. And my car usually has good company
20170913_173525.jpg

Reactions: Galve2000
I recently used icon at 58 west 58. Great location and a Tesla charger that is used for a nearby hotel's model s courtesy car. So they knew all about Tesla and charged my car kept it in front near the charger the whole time. Pricey, but that is expensive and convenient location. I think driving in Manhattan and parking their and the convenience of having the car handy and leaving whenever you are ready is great. Actually hard to go back to Acela now.