Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Manteca to corning superchargers --which is most efficient route? Vacaville or rosevi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On our way home to Seattle from Palm Springs. Trip Planner wants to take us from Mateca SC to Vacaville SC to Corning SC. It seems Roseville would be more efficient from a distance standpoint. Which way is the best way to go from Manteca?

Thanks for any input.

FrankSamDale
2015 Model S85D

If you head to Roseville, you'll end up taking Hyw 65 and some combination of 2-lane roads to Corning. Which is a nice enough drive. The Vacaville route does seem a little out of the way.

Folsom might also be an option if you want to head back up I-5 instead.

... Just ran things thru Google Maps and ....

Vacaville is shorter by about 5 miles (3hr 4m -- 186 miles). It heads up I-505, so that isn't bad.
Roseville equals 3hr 18m at 191 miles.
Folsom equals 3hr 14m with longest travel distance (212 miles), but is all multi-lane highway.

The extra miles of distance equals more charge time as well, so Vacaville might really be optimal if the travel times estimated by google over the two-lane roads is correct.

Last edited:
Mateca to Corning

If you head to Roseville, you'll end up taking Hyw 65 and some combination of 2-lane roads to Corning. Which is a nice enough drive. The Vacaville route does seem a little out of the way.

Folsom might also be an option if you want to head back up I-5 instead.

... Just ran things thru Google Maps and ....

Vacaville is shorter by about 5 miles (3hr 4m -- 186 miles). It heads up I-505, so that isn't bad.
Roseville equals 3hr 18m at 191 miles.
Folsom equals 3hr 14m with longest travel distance (212 miles), but is all multi-lane highway.

The extra miles of distance equals more charge time as well, so Vacaville might really be optimal if the travel times estimated by google over the two-lane roads is correct.
What about taking the route from Manteca to Corning through the I-5 highway. Google Maps shows that it is only 175 miles and 2 hours, 37 minutes long. Is there a problem with taking this route due to road construction?

lol, obvious solution is obvious. I was answering the question given, not solving the problem.

It is nice weather, so 175 miles should be an easy run from Manteca to Corning directly.

However, the downside is that Corning has lousy food choices. Dinner is nicer for the other routes.

Yes, I have driven Manteca to Corning directly twice, and with 225 RM it is easy peasy. Just be sure to head west on highway 120 to meet up with Interstate 5 rather than going east back to 99 to head north.

However, I do not drive 80 MPH, and there was no headwind either. Might have a north wind this time of year blowing down from Shasta--

I think if I had to choose, I would go to Vacaville then head up 505 to get back on 5. To some degree, it depends on when you will be hitting this area W > E traffic is pretty brutal on Fridays and folks head to the mountains and the reverse is true on Sunday.