Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Manual firmware update (for new charge port)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm trying and failing (repeatedly) to do a service redeploy on a 2012 P85 via the IC FAKRA connection. Best I understand I should telnet to 192.168.90.100 25956 with my Macintosh ip set to 192.168.90.101 which gives me a welcome to TESLA cid updater banner. sometimes "watch" shows a few things going on, other times nada. I then do service-redeploy which turns the 17" MCU screen blue. I then plug the Instrument cluster back in and wait an hour. When I come back the MCU screen looks normal and I get the prompt to do a software update. I have been clicking install now, but this thread makes me think that I should just leave it be?

Any advise/ thoughts? I don't have Auto Pilot and as such no port by glove box to plug into, hence the IC port use.

I tried again and am currently at this screen. wait longer, or what?
C6572BF2-13D5-46FC-BF06-220B2A4756DA.jpeg

Was the replacement charger originally a master or was it a slave?
While I can't confirm this myself, I believe not only are there master/slave chargers, but also different generations. I believe any of those could require configuration changes or compatibility issues that could prevent software install/deployment.

However, if you replaced the same generation charger with a matching one, which were both previously masters, I suppose it should work - but I have never done this myself.

Reactions: MP3Mike
I have some problem with my cid. My cid is a black screen. I can't power on screen. But tegra3 work normal. Here are my logs. What do you think about my problem? Fall off FPGA (Altera)? Or problem in spi fw for FPGA Altera? I'm sorry if I wrote on a foreign topic.
Hi guys. After replacing the motherboard the VIN code remained which was flashed into the gateway in this motherboard, how can I change the VIN code and config for my machine?

Hi guys. After replacing the motherboard the VIN code remained which was flashed into the gateway in this motherboard, how can I change the VIN code and config for my machine?
Do you have root access? If so, PM me. If not, and I'm being honest here, I don't know how to provide root access to you (I'm a hobbyist not a software digital jedi). If you have root though I may be able to help.

Trying to do a firmware-redeploy after swapping my on-board charger. It fails, syslog says:
cid : cid-updater:15487: read_firmware_signature status=error offset=-64 filename=/dev/mmcblk0p2

When I dd /dev/mmcblk0p2 to a usb drive it comes out slightly different each time (mostly matches, about 20-30k varies each time). Is this indicative of my eMMC starting to fail?