Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Manual firmware update (for new charge port)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What IP is your PC set to, where are you connecting to the car’s network, and what command are you using to connect to updater?
PC IP set to 192.168.90.101
Connected into the CID via the IC connection (i have fitted an extension cable so I can split the CID-IC connection and add the Fakra HSD to ethernet cable easily)
using the command telnet 192.168.90.100 25956

I can ping 192.168.90.100, nmap on 192.168.90.100 shows port 25956 is not open

I want to swap the charge port ecu with newer generation 4. Per service manual it says that I will have to update the firmware once hardware is replaced. Is the factory redeploy still possible via ethernet port and more particular on model 3 with hw2.5 2020.48 software? If not, is it supported via tesla official toolbox 3?

I want to swap the charge port ecu with newer generation 4. Per service manual it says that I will have to update the firmware once hardware is replaced. Is the factory redeploy still possible via ethernet port and more particular on model 3 with hw2.5 2020.48 software? If not, is it supported via tesla official toolbox 3?
Rumors are Tesla locked down some stuff in 2019/2020 and its a lot harder to get in as an owner.

Toolbox 3 should have this, not sure.

Have you contacted tesla and asked them to push a full firmware reinstall? Even if its a salvage, may be worth a shot.

Да, теперь у меня есть root-доступ, благодаря очень любезной помощи одного из участников.

cid-updater был отключен от запуска при запуске. Я запустил его и обновил прошивку.

Все еще работаем над проблемами, вызванными тем, кто ранее взломал машину. Но в конце я доберусь туда!

Can do everythng. Install update, redeploy, unlock sc, change regions. Firmware version is not important.

Reactions: YieldFarmer
Just replaced my onboard charger with a used one. Old one was only charging at half-rate on Level 2. Gen3 charger...not a fuse problem.

Errors: "Software Update Required" "Car may not restart...service needed"

Verified car won't start or go into drive. HV Contactor not closing. Guessing my problem is needing a redeploy of firmware to "new" charger. I have 2020.48, AP3, and MCU1.

I know this thread is a little old. Will the telnet redeploy option still work for me or is it locked down after 2020.48? I ordered a Fakra HSD/Ethernet cable but it won't be in for a few days.

Options I can see:
1. Tow car to service center and pay to reload firmware ($$$)
2. Tell service center that I replaced charger and have mobile service come out to redeploy ($$)
3. Wait for tesla to send new firmware...seeing that I'm on year old firmware, I don't see this being the best option (No car for a while)
4. Wait for Fakra and give Telnet a shot ($)

Since the HV contactor won't come on the, the 12V battery died, so I have it on a charger now.

I don't think that MCU1 is gonna get a firmware update any time soon, it's been a while since the last update.
But I can confirm that FW redeploy is still working on 2020.48 and it'll probably be enough to solve your issue.
Yea, the MCU1 firmware upgrade was more of a joke. I know I'm stuck in 2020. Lol.

Thanks for confirming that the redeploy works! Not a completely lost cause yet.

@dbldwn02 I don't think that MCU1 is gonna get a firmware update any time soon, it's been a while since the last update.
But I can confirm that FW redeploy is still working on 2020.48 and it'll probably be enough to solve your issue.
I'm so close to fixing this. I can issue reset and handshake commands.
Factory-redeploy and service-redeploy are "unauthorized commands"
Running 2020.48.37.8