Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Manual Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Right, so if you’re ever having a moment missing a manual you can get at least the feeling of a manual with Tesla’s great Autopilot.

It’s as easy as engaging TACC and sitting behind a manual car in front of you. At a set of lights the Tesla will rocket off behind the manual car only to brake again when the car in front changes gear (Trucks are even greater) then it will rocket off again in 2nd gear and so forth.

Had enough of manual mode? Find an auto car or disengage TACC all together.

Love my M3 but I would way rather some improvements to TACC to allow for a smoother operating experience in traffic even on highways than another game or speaker sounds. It’s embarrassing in traffic....pleaaaase and thanks.

Right, so if you’re ever having a moment missing a manual you can get at least the feeling of a manual with Tesla’s great Autopilot.

It’s as easy as engaging TACC and sitting behind a manual car in front of you. At a set of lights the Tesla will rocket off behind the manual car only to brake again when the car in front changes gear (Trucks are even greater) then it will rocket off again in 2nd gear and so forth.

Had enough of manual mode? Find an auto car or disengage TACC all together.

Love my M3 but I would way rather some improvements to TACC to allow for a smoother operating experience in traffic even on highways than another game or speaker sounds. It’s embarrassing in traffic....pleaaaase and thanks.

I always make sure I'm in chill mode whenever I activate TACC... that at least makes it a little less jarring. Also I've noticed, at least in my experience, when I set the follow distance higher it seems to mitigate the hard launches and braking a little bit...maybe because you're giving the car a little more of a buffer to react more smoothly.

Reactions: BennyMountfort
It’s all about a happy medium.
I know BMW drivers complained, because their version of TACC didn’t adjust quick enough to cars in front, and other drivers kept filling in the gaps, making the feature frustrating.
I find it just fine, but I do know what you mean. It feels very instant, but I think if you follow most drivers, you’ll find that’s actually how most people drive. :)

Reactions: BennyMountfort
<tweets Elon> Can we have a BMW mode where the car follows 1 foot behind while flashing high beams and permanently disables the turn signals?
You forgot the Fast Lane mode where the BMW stays there and doesn't move over when faster traffic comes from behind. Or accelerates but still stays in the #1 lane.

Spoken by an ex-BMW driver who tried very harder not to be like this.

• Love
Reactions: ICUDoc
Will hav
I always make sure I'm in chill mode whenever I activate TACC... that at least makes it a little less jarring. Also I've noticed, at least in my experience, when I set the follow distance higher it seems to mitigate the hard launches and braking a little bit...maybe because you're giving the car a little more of a buffer to react more smoothly.

will have to try this. Thanks!