Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Manual on/off driver's side dome light failure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the same problem. They replaced the driver's side light and noe thw pasnger's side is acting similarly. It might be a bad batch of lights. BTW my mfg date was March.

- - - Updated - - -

I had the same problem. They replaced the driver's side light and noe thw pasnger's side is acting similarly. It might be a bad batch of lights. BTW my mfg date was March.

- - - Updated - - -

I noted to the DS that my driver side light was bad back in mid December. Same as you, automatic operation is fine but manual operation requires pressing on the left side (not center) of the light/button.

Very low on my list of "please fix" but last month when I was at service for a 12V problem the service manager reminded me Tesla still owes me a fix. He did not want to replace it without a procedure from the factory to avoid possible damage to the headliner. I'm good with waiting to ensure no other problem comes from its replacement :wink:

I had the same issue with the driver side light. Pressing the button was mushy instead of a click and it didn't turn the light on or off via press. It worked fine when controlled from the screen though. The service center eventually replaced the light and now all is fine.