TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Manual on/off driver's side dome light failure

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by retinadoc, Apr 28, 2013.

1. retinadoc

retinadoc Member

I know from searching the forums this has occurred on some cars from time to time and is an easy fix at the S.C. Has anybody fixed it without a Service Center visit? If so how? Light still works fine from dashboard so not an electrical issue.

2. Electric1

Electric1 Member

I had the same problem. They replaced the driver's side light and noe thw pasnger's side is acting similarly. It might be a bad batch of lights. BTW my mfg date was March.

- - - Updated - - -

I had the same problem. They replaced the driver's side light and noe thw pasnger's side is acting similarly. It might be a bad batch of lights. BTW my mfg date was March.

3. pilotSteve

pilotSteve Member

I noted to the DS that my driver side light was bad back in mid December. Same as you, automatic operation is fine but manual operation requires pressing on the left side (not center) of the light/button.

Very low on my list of "please fix" but last month when I was at service for a 12V problem the service manager reminded me Tesla still owes me a fix. He did not want to replace it without a procedure from the factory to avoid possible damage to the headliner. I'm good with waiting to ensure no other problem comes from its replacement :wink:

4. Sigma4Life

Sigma4Life Member

I had the same issue with the driver side light. Pressing the button was mushy instead of a click and it didn't turn the light on or off via press. It worked fine when controlled from the screen though. The service center eventually replaced the light and now all is fine.