Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Manually rolling up/down windows?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2018 LR Model 3 RWD. I've had good luck with it so far, however, this morning, the windows on the passenger side of the car stopped working. Hitting the window buttons (on either the driver's console or the individual windows does not do anything. (there are no sounds coming from the motors...) To continue testing, I decided to open the doors to see if the windows would roll down automatically...but they didn't roll down (which is kinda like pulling the "emergency release" tab to open the doors with a dead battery)

So, now I have a car with 2 open doors, and I don't want to "slam" those doors shut because I'm afraid it will break the window glass. Does anyone know how to "manually" lower the windows a couple of inches so that I can get the door shut? (My appointment is in 4 days, so I don't want my car doors open that long)

Note -- I've followed some of the troubleshooting steps (reboot car, reset window travel path, etc) without success, so I scheduled a service appointment for Monday to get it looked at. I'm really looking for a temporary fix to get my doors shut...

I have a 2018 LR Model 3 RWD. I've had good luck with it so far, however, this morning, the windows on the passenger side of the car stopped working. Hitting the window buttons (on either the driver's console or the individual windows does not do anything. (there are no sounds coming from the motors...) To continue testing, I decided to open the doors to see if the windows would roll down automatically...but they didn't roll down (which is kinda like pulling the "emergency release" tab to open the doors with a dead battery)

So, now I have a car with 2 open doors, and I don't want to "slam" those doors shut because I'm afraid it will break the window glass. Does anyone know how to "manually" lower the windows a couple of inches so that I can get the door shut? (My appointment is in 4 days, so I don't want my car doors open that long)

Note -- I've followed some of the troubleshooting steps (reboot car, reset window travel path, etc) without success, so I scheduled a service appointment for Monday to get it looked at. I'm really looking for a temporary fix to get my doors shut...

Have you tried shutting the doors softly? silly question i know.