Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Manufacturing Oppy- 2nd Row Under Seat Storage...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We love our X, and with the extra room under the 2nd row we love it even more... While school was in session our 6 year old would stow his backpack under the seat... but with school out, we find that there is an accumulation of kids stuff just rolling around the 2nd row.

We tried a basket -- worked, but when we moved the 2nd seat forward or back, the seat and pedestal moved but the basket stayed... I know first world problems...

We tried to rig something up with velcro to attach the basket to the pedestal -- works, but it looks ugly.

Do any of our enterprising Tesla aftermarket tinkerers on this forum want to take a whack at making something with form and function?

Our wish-list:

1) Forms around the pedestal -- easy to install and remove.
2) Slippy bottom to slide forward and back -- may need to consider a version for carpet and a version for when floor mats are available.
3) Color match/Material Match the seats.

Reactions: EV Family
i think my factory can make it, but i won't receive my X until later this year or early next year.

do you have the drawing and any suggestion? we can start to make mould sooner if i have the correct size or some drawings.

I don't know what the carpeting is like (don't have my X yet), but if it has enough "loop" to it, a Velcro-based system might work similar to what VW uses in their cargo system. Basically, they're plastic angles about 5" tall with industrial strength Velcro on the bottom. Easy to configure and can hold a stroller from sliding around in the trunk. Google "VW cargo accessory" and I'm sure you'll find an example.

I will start to make some cool Model X accessories very soon, should be within 3 months.
I also plan to give some to real Tesla enthusiasts free of charge for my new products. :)
Let me know. We typically have toys or action figures rolling around under the 2nd seats as the kiddos just toss stuff in the car. Would love a pouch beneath the seat.