Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Many First Gen (2000-06) Honda Insight Hybrids/ Over 70 mpg!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi fellow Tesla owners!
I currently have 7 first gen honda insights I'll be selling shortly. These hybrids are the highest mpg cars made by any company in the world. Rated by the EPA at 61 city/70 hwy, these cars average (real world) 60 mpgs for the automatics, and 70+ mpgs for the 5-speeds. I know these cars like the back of my hand, and do all my own work on them. I build and sell grid chargers for peaking and equalizing the cells within the pack, and I install a wiring harness on each car, and balance every pack. The grid chargers basically turn them into PHEV's. I repair and/or replace everything needed on these cars when I get them, both mechanically and cosmetically, so when I sell them, everything works exactly as it should, and they literally need nothing at all. All have clean and clear transferable titles in my name with no liens, and clean carfax reports. (I don't mess with salvage cars.) Low mile cars to higher mile cars available. Automatics and 5-speeds. Silvers, reds, blues and the rare citrus (green) colors (these are all the colors they made.) I'm always buying, fixing up and reselling these cars, so my inventory is ever changing. For those not in the know, these are ultra light weight (1800 lbs.) 2 seat, 2 door, hatchback cars, that are (like our roadsters,) all aluminum (including the frames,) and plastic. They are extremely aerodynamic, with a small frontal area, and a cd of only .25, with under body panels and rear wheel skirts helping to achieve such a low cd. These cars were designed by Honda to compete with (what they thought would be a big seller for GM,) the EV-1. These insights were so well designed for the ultimate efficiency from the ground up, that nothing even comes close (mpg-wise) even today. They love steady thruway speeds the most, and can literally achieve over 80 mpg on long highway trips. My best long trip was 1160 miles at 65-70 mph (all thruway,) and I averaged 82.4 mpgs. I love filling my tank once every 3 weeks with 10 gallons, and driving over 700 miles. If you travel a lot, you cannot beat or come close to this kind of mpg. These cars do not rust (no steel; all aluminum,) and they last 400,000+ miles on their original engines. All have cold a/c, power brakes, electric power steering, power windows, power locks, etc, etc. Very problem-free cars and very, very fun to drive! Prices from $4995 to $12500. If interested in one, call me directly for further details! Thanks for your time and consideration!
Respectfully,
Chris
Buffalo, N.Y.
716-946-607 zero

Attachments

• redinsight1.jpg
    redinsight1.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 4,293
  • IMG_8111.JPG
    IMG_8111.JPG
    444.7 KB · Views: 4,190
  • silver2.jpg
    silver2.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 3,612
  • silver1.jpg
    silver1.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 3,817
  • display (7).jpg
    display (7).jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 4,964
  • images (1).jpg
    images (1).jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 3,665
Last edited:
Hi fellow Tesla owners!
I currently have 7 first gen honda insights I'll be selling shortly. These hybrids are the highest mpg cars made by any company in the world. Rated by the EPA at 61 city/70 hwy, these cars average (real world) 60 mpgs for the automatics, and 70+ mpgs for the 5-speeds. I know these cars like the back of my hand, and do all my own work on them. I build and sell grid chargers for peaking and equalizing the cells within the pack, and I install a wiring harness on each car, and balance every pack. The grid chargers basically turn them into PHEV's. I repair and/or replace everything needed on these cars when I get them, both mechanically and cosmetically, so when I sell them, everything works exactly as it should, and they literally need nothing at all. All have clean and clear transferable titles in my name with no liens, and clean carfax reports. (I don't mess with salvage cars.) Low mile cars to higher mile cars available. Automatics and 5-speeds. Silvers, reds, blues and the rare citrus (green) colors (these are all the colors they made.) I'm always buying, fixing up and reselling these cars, so my inventory is ever changing. For those not in the know, these are ultra light weight (1800 lbs.) 2 seat, 2 door, hatchback cars, that are (like our roadsters,) all aluminum (including the frames,) and plastic. They are extremely aerodynamic, with a small frontal area, and a cd of only .25, with under body panels and rear wheel skirts helping to achieve such a low cd. These cars were designed by Honda to compete with (what they thought would be a big seller for GM,) the EV-1. These insights were so well designed for the ultimate efficiency from the ground up, that nothing even comes close (mpg-wise) even today. They love steady thruway speeds the most, and can literally achieve over 80 mpg on long highway trips. My best long trip was 1160 miles at 65-70 mph (all thruway,) and I averaged 82.4 mpgs. I love filling my tank once every 3 weeks with 10 gallons, and driving over 700 miles. If you travel a lot, you cannot beat or come close to this kind of mpg. These cars do not rust (no steel; all aluminum,) and they last 400,000+ miles on their original engines. All have cold a/c, power brakes, electric power steering, power windows, power locks, etc, etc. Very problem-free cars and very, very fun to drive! Prices from $4995 to $12500. If interested in one, call me directly for further details! Thanks for your time and consideration!
Respectfully,
Chris
Buffalo, N.Y.
716-946-607 zero

I have a first gen that may need a motor. Deciding if I should replace w/another first generation, or fix this one. I am interested in what your current inventory is, and if you would have interest in taking mine.
Thank-you,
Jennifer