Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Map 3D view

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
8304E131-CDD0-4013-B96B-1A2E81CE6470.jpeg
I’ve been digging through threads trying to find info on a 3D map view. Mine just looks like an overhead view looking straight down, even while navigating. I’ve cycled the options in the top right and it switches between north up, car up, and route overview. But I can’t seem to get it to switch to a 3D view where it’s angled behind the car like in google maps or waze.

Am I missing something?

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
View attachment 479426 ...I can’t seem to get it to switch to a 3D view where it’s angled behind the car like in google maps or waze. Am I missing something?

Nope, you're not missing anything.

It definitely does. As you get near a turn or exit, you can see the map sort of "pan" down to that sort of perspective.

This. There's no "default" 3D map setting - it's 2D as a default then automatically zooms in.

After you've used the Tesla NAV map for a while with its outstanding graphics and huge screen, I doubt you'll miss that 3D setting at all.

My map doesn't look like that in OP post. Is Tesla NAV map standard on all model 3's?
That picture is just from google maps on a phone, not my Tesla.

I was not asking about 3d buildings (I actually think that's detrimental for navigation), but more just the 3d flying view from slightly behind the car rather than totally overhead. IMO that view is much easier to navigate with but looks like it's not an option.

I like the 3D Map view, as well. I wish that was an option for those of us who prefer it over 2D viewing. You would think it would be easy to make that an option. My Honda Pilot, Chevy Volt and VW Touareg all have that as an option.

I mean, if people prefer 2D maps, then great...they can choose that. But, I am sure there are many who would prefer 3D setting. Like me!