Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Map data ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So i got a 2023 MY LR Friday, since then it has updated the software 2 times, and is now on the most current version 2023.6.9

The car also downloaded a bunch of "game updates" as soon as it got access to WiFi.

But one thing that seems to be missing is the map data.

I currently have Maps EU-2022.12 but the latest as far as i can see, is EU-2022.40

It seems that i can not force an update though.

Is this something that will only be updated once in a blue moon, or can i expect it to update "soon"

I would much prefer to have up to date maps, atleast when i get to the summer vacation, as i will probably be driving across Europe and i would really hate for maps to be out of date.

PS. The car has WiFi whenever parked up in my driveway, so it's not like it is not given the chance to download all that it wants during the night and even though it does not say that it has updated anything or any updates have been shown, it still managed to chew through 140 Mbyte of data download in the last 24 hours, so it is doing something on the internet :)

To be honest i would much rather just Android Auto, this is what i have been used to in my previous car, but unless i want to play tricks and get something not as integrated, i will have "to do" with the navigation in the Tesla.

The biggest advantage of the Tesla seems to be the route with automatic planning for charging stops.

Atleast it will update by itself, the previous car i had, i had to manually download a map file onto a carefully formatted drive, taking extra care to place files and folders just right on the drive, and then it would update when i fed it the USB key and "started" the car.

It seems that i can not force an update though.

This is correct, you can not force this or any other Tesla update (maps or otherwise). The closest you can get is re installing the software in service mode (not something that is generally user facing but something you can search for online if you are so inclined). Whatever is staged for the car is what it gets, and there is no real way to force any update to newer versions whether you read about them online or not.

• Helpful
Reactions: FSDtester#1
This is correct, you can not force this or any other Tesla update (maps or otherwise). The closest you can get is re installing the software in service mode (not something that is generally user facing but something you can search for online if you are so inclined). Whatever is staged for the car is what it gets, and there is no real way to force any update to newer versions whether you read about them online or not.
What if we Plug our Tesla into the GM or Ford supercharger network then search for an update?
Wait, those don't exist. Sorry....