TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Map handout on Android

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Perry, Feb 11, 2019 at 6:59 PM.

1. Perry

Perry Member

Map destination handout is possible from iPhone to the car but is this possible on Android? If so how?

2. BillyDale

BillyDale Member

On my Note, after I create the route in Google Maps, then I press the menu icon (3 Dots on mine) and choose "Share Directions", and then select the Tesla app, and off it goes. When you get in the car, it should be there waiting.

• Like x 1
  3. Perry

Perry Member

I thought I tried that and it didn't work. I'll try again maybe they fixed it.

4. intelligator

intelligator Member

You need to have the tesla app open.

5. thefortunes

thefortunes Member

Nope

6. Need

Need Active Member

Make sure your Tesla app is up to date on the Android device. When you hit Share the first time, your Tesla app will probably be at the bottom or to the extreme right as you never shared to that app before. Once you use it once it will move to the top/front.

7. intelligator

intelligator Member

I get your point that the OP sent the route, and that the app must have been open and logged into anf that my suggestion was mute. The share function does need the tesla app open or logged into, however. If you don't have the app open, an Error dialog pops up, "please sign into you tesla account."

8. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 100D 2018.50.6

#8 MorrisonHiker, Feb 12, 2019 at 9:26 AM
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019 at 9:32 AM
    I think you do need to have a car selected (if you have multiple cars and/or Powerwalls). For example, if you have Powerwalls and attempt to share directions, it used to throw an error in Android. Also, if you have more than one car, you should probably make sure you are sending the destination to the desired car.

9. Need

Need Active Member

That's a good point. When version 9 first came out, I tried to use this. Everything seems to work.. share.. went to check.. nothing. Share again, went to car and check.. nothing.. After a few tries... I realized that the app was pointing to the wrong car LOL.

• Like x 1