Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

map updates!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually, you don't have to wait for an editor. Everyone can edit maps. Your "status" on waze will dictate how fast those edits are communicated. Editing a map gets you lots of points.

Yes, it allows you to propose edits a certain radius around the roads you travel. Very handy for new intersections for all directions

also Waze does apply a bias to your routes you frequently travel, not quite ML, rather a bias for your account

Moved into a new house late last year, on a street that's been here for at least 7 years - so this isn't a new street.

If I enter my address into the navigation software - even though Google maps can identify the correct position on the map, the navigation software thinks my house is on a different spot on the block. If I use the map to hold and select the correct position on the Google map, it uses a different address for my house. And if I navigate to that address, the navigation software thinks it takes 5 minutes to go past a few houses on my street.

I'm hoping a map update will fix this - but it's been over a year since we received the last promised "annual" map update... [NOTE the website has dropped that promise of annual map updates...]

I have the same problem as bob_p - it seems Google Maps from the centre console finds my house correctly and then as the route is being calculated, Garmin takes over and routes to another location on the street nowhere near my house. I've asked the SC for a map update but no joy yet... :crying:

I have the same problem as bob_p - it seems Google Maps from the centre console finds my house correctly and then as the route is being calculated, Garmin takes over and routes to another location on the street nowhere near my house. I've asked the SC for a map update but no joy yet... :crying:
For whatever reason, the SCs can't do map updates. I'm guessing that Tesla pays for each one individually.

Also I've never had a car navigation system that was anywhere near up to date (compared to Google maps).

I haven't had a map update since I took delivery in 2013. Some routes are horrible out-of-date. I'm going to have to ask the SC about that. I know there's been at least one previously.

I have a May '13 car, and never got a map update notification either. I mentioned it to the the folks at the service center some number of months ago, and they were able to determine by looking up my VIN on their system that I had indeed gotten a map update. They say they don't load them during service center visits.

Not sure why I never got a notice, but you might be in the same boat...