TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Mapping Out an Electric-Car Future

Discussion in 'News' started by TEG, Jun 3, 2010.

1. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

2. bolosky

bolosky Member

Why do people continue to believe that? You only need charging at work if the range of the car is so small that you can't make the round trip (plus side trips like going to the grocery store, etc.) on one charge. Even the 100 (meaning really 75, probably) mile Leaf will easily do this for most people.

It seems to me that the people who keep pushing this idea either want to sell charging infrastruture, or are pushing other technologies (gasoline, hydrogen, diesel, whatever). We should try to disabuse the public of it.

3. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

Unless ol' Richard Lowenthal is not too intelligent, I don't think he really believes it.

He's the CEO of a company that manufactures charging stations, so of course that's the spin he wants to send out to the public.

4. EVNow

EVNow Active Member

I think having chargers in work places would be a good thing - that is how people in apartments & houses without garages could charge.