TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Maps app crashing 3G connection

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Dakkor, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Dakkor

Dakkor Member

Anyone else is having this problem? If I leave the maps application open I will loose 3G connection every 5-10 minutes. Only solution right now I have found is to close the navigation application and have something else open. Any informations from Tesla when this will be fixed? I did not contact service yet but will probably do this week.

2. ccharleb

ccharleb Member

Same problem here since my last update to 2.28.19!!

3. Martre1

Martre1 New Member

I also have this same problem since 2 weeks. Very frustrating... I call TMC and they told me it was a problem with wireless providers. Maybe in Canada only?

4. Matias

Matias Active Member

5. agloutney

agloutney Member

Same here. Didn't know it was related to the map. I'll try it with the map off tomorrow. I did turn satellite maps off to reduce data but that didn't help. 3G was rock solid for me before the latest update.

6. Dakkor

Dakkor Member

Did some testing today.

Opened maps, added navigation to home, closed maps. So navigation was only running from the dashboard. No crash in 30 minutes.

Maps open with navigation: No crash in 15-20 minutes. Usually getting crash with maps open but no navigation in 5-10 minutes. This is really a weird behavior.

7. dgrange

dgrange New Member

Have the same problem, since last update... Cannot wait to get new update to fix this issue. :confused:

8. Pluto

Pluto Member

So the workaround is driving around with directions to Antarctica all the time?

9. ccharleb

ccharleb Member

Just did a trip from Montréal to Québec City.
    If map is showing, with or without Navigation, data is crashing. Sometimes every 5 minutes... sometimes it takes more than 30 minutes...
    Did the return trip without the map, but navigation running.... no crash for the entire trip.

10. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

Maybe Tesla isn't paying their cell bills...