Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maps app crashing 3G connection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else is having this problem? If I leave the maps application open I will loose 3G connection every 5-10 minutes. Only solution right now I have found is to close the navigation application and have something else open. Any informations from Tesla when this will be fixed? I did not contact service yet but will probably do this week.

Did some testing today.

Opened maps, added navigation to home, closed maps. So navigation was only running from the dashboard. No crash in 30 minutes.

Maps open with navigation: No crash in 15-20 minutes. Usually getting crash with maps open but no navigation in 5-10 minutes. This is really a weird behavior.

Did some testing today.

Opened maps, added navigation to home, closed maps. So navigation was only running from the dashboard. No crash in 30 minutes.

Maps open with navigation: No crash in 15-20 minutes. Usually getting crash with maps open but no navigation in 5-10 minutes. This is really a weird behavior.
So the workaround is driving around with directions to Antarctica all the time?

Just did a trip from Montréal to Québec City.
If map is showing, with or without Navigation, data is crashing. Sometimes every 5 minutes... sometimes it takes more than 30 minutes...
Did the return trip without the map, but navigation running.... no crash for the entire trip.